Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Car insurance

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Binary 
#1 ·
Just insured my car fully comp class1 business use with protected no claims for my self and management total cost £235.
Well less than I was paying for my Beemer. :D

#8 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
These cheap deals the olds get on Saga eh?!! :lol:
Same here only just passed 40. Also got business use and have the 3 litre Supercharged
Can't believe it - half the price of my XF

#9 ·
I laughed at my daughter...18 yrs old with a brand new £9k 1.0L Hyundai i10....£990 plus a black box to monitor driving with 8,000 mile limit!! I did an enquiry for her on mine and it came out at a reasonable £2,900!!! Considering mine cost more than six times her cars price I thought that was good value!!

#13 ·
We have the f pace and nissan juke, the juke quote with Aviva was nearly £100 more to insure £312, same mileage same address driven by same people so the juke we insured with Churchill £178, just cant understand insurance quotes.

#14 ·
5 series was £450, FP was £250 at 43yrs old. Happy days.

Point of note though, I don't think it will stay this way. I made enquiries of a few people "in the game" of car insurance, and they said that with new models, there is no crash data to assess the risk, so in the short term it will be better value than the average £60k car, but as they get more on the roads, this is likely to increase.

For example, there are millions of 5 series on the road, and they are relatively high risk, simply due to the numbers crashed, as they tend to drive more miles as well.

#15 ·
F-Pace S said:
5 series was £450, FP was £250 at 43yrs old. Happy days.

Point of note though, I don't think it will stay this way. I made enquiries of a few people "in the game" of car insurance, and they said that with new models, there is no crash data to assess the risk, so in the short term it will be better value than the average £60k car, but as they get more on the roads, this is likely to increase.

For example, there are millions of 5 series on the road, and they are relatively high risk, simply due to the numbers crashed, as they tend to drive more miles as well.
fair point but good whilst it lasts though! :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.