Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**update: Harwood's called back!**

Newbie here. Hello all.

So all I want to do is place an order for a 3.0dS.

So far I've visited Lookers Park Royal who despite phoning ahead were too busy to even talk to me, and Harwood's Croydon who also haven't called back despite leaving messages since Saturday.

I appreciate these are selling themselves but seriously. I have been a JLR customer solidly for 7 years having owned an XKR, RRS and Evoque in that time. I can't even get to speak to someone!

I don't even want a test drive and won't make the conversation awkward by asking the a discount.

Can someone suggest a good dealer?

Thanks v much.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My local dealer is Cleland Jaguar, Galashiels in the Scottish Borders. If you speak to Peter Tubbeke then he will look after you and he is lovely. They have a 3.0d V6 S and, if you fancy a trip to Southern Scotland, they will let you have a proper test drive if you fancy it. But if you're happy to order blind then that's also fine. Each dealer has their own allocation of build slots and I think they may have a few left for later in the year. 01896 757575. My only connection is that I currently own a Volvo and they also have the Volvo franchise, and I have just confirmed an order for the same car as you. They are good and may do a deal with you to cover your travel expenses if you choose to come up or even deliver your car, who knows.

Alternatively, I was recently at the Jaguar dealer in Kendal and they seemed to have plenty of build slots available for this year. Whereas, the Jaguar dealer just north in Keswick did not.

I hope this helps. I feel your pain. Some dealerships are useless while others are fabulous. Since nobody will give you a deal right now you can choose to buy from the best dealer for service and have your car serviced and repaired under warranty elsewhere.

Arianne

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, the same has happened to me over the last week or so, email the manager direct and you'll soon get an answer then. It worked for me, not going to order one from them on principal now but it is very frustrating especially with a high end brand such as jaguar.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tryingtobuy said:
Newbie here. Hello all.

So far I've visited Lookers Park Royal who despite phoning ahead were too busy to even talk to me, and Harwood's Croydon who also haven't called back despite leaving messages since Saturday.

I appreciate these are selling themselves but seriously. I have been a JLR customer solidly for 7 years having owned an XKR, RRS and Evoque in that time. I can't even get to speak to someone!

I don't even want a test drive and won't make the conversation awkward by asking the a discount.

Thanks v much.
Try Gary Coughlan at Harwoods Crawley - he's looked after me very well 01293 404000

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Arianne you make a good point. I'm only looking for the dealer to supply as I use JLC in Herne Hill for all servicing/warranty and they are excellent. It's a shame they can't supply the vehicle.

If anyone else knows of dealers with unallocated slots that would be fantastic. I will try the dealers you suggest.

Interestingly throughout this process I've been to Audi and Porsche and they are falling over themselves to get me into one of their cars.

Somehow I stay loyal to the JLR brand even though the product falls short in some areas. The quality of some of the plastics in the f-pace is pretty poor but then my evoque is the same and apart from rear parking sensors that have never worked properly since new it looks and drives as good as it did 4 years ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tryingtobuy said:
**update: Harwood's called back!**

Newbie here. Hello all.

Thanks v much.
Dear Tryingtobuy

I wondered if you could possibly get in contact with me at Lookers or PM me your name so that I can ensure that you are looked after properly.

Anthony Cross

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
458 Posts
reminds me of when I was after my 1st Merc.
I went to the dealer and eventually managed to sit down with somebody and asked for some numbers for a C Class. He said 'Oh, I've just done one of those',
The guy reached into the bin and unscrewed the bit of paper he had just thrown in and flattened the paper out on the desk and asked me where I was going as I walked out!

Went home cooled down and phoned the dealer principal who was less than impressed.

They no longer have the franchise here, big surprise!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts