Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new FPace in 2018 and I have experienced performance issues with Incontrol ever since. Inthe beginning it didn't work either with a sim or via the Hotspot on my phone. Following 2 visits to the dealer, and support from Jaguar, the sim card connected some 6 months later. Similar issues when I decided to remove the sim and connect via my Andriod phone, thanks to Jaguar support froma Customer Solutions Executive 4 weeks later it worked.
I recently purchased a new iPhone, I should have known better because once again I cannot connect, the Jaguar Customer Solutions Executive has been very helpful, but unfortunatley no resolution.

I have been asked to take the car to a dealer where they will carry out a (VSS) or vehicle shared secrets), because even though the car has been serviced by the main dealer from new, this is out of date and I need to pay for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The VSS is the security certificate the car holds (much like a website security certificate your PC checks for when browsing websites), which is a customer chargeable update if it has expired. If you have a close relationship with your dealer they may waive the charge but highly doubtful, or include it as part of a regular service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The VSS is the security certificate the car holds (much like a website security certificate your PC checks for when browsing websites), which is a customer chargeable update if it has expired. If you have a close relationship with your dealer they may waive the charge but highly doubtful, or include it as part of a regular service.
Thank you for that, the system never worked properly and the main dealer serviced the car from new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts