Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My build date is now locked down and ready to go - is it possible to track the build progress online? If so, how do I do it and what do I need?

I thought I remembered seeing some comments about this a while ago but can't seem to find them!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I certainly posted about it a little while ago, how is it there isn't an option to take your email and mobile number and have updates sent direct from Jaguar. Stops the wispy washy dealer stuff and let's you know it's another to go final, it's getting built,. I know they don't want info too up to date once built as it needs time to sit in holding pool, the dealer to be ready and it to be delivered so maybe the end bit could loosen up but there is a lot that could be done.

In answer to your question though - no you've got nothing except what the dealer gives you.
Once you have a VIN number after build you can plug that into topix to find info about your car,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaaaaah - that sounds familiar, I think that is what I am remembering..... the VIN on Topix.... but it sounds like (and I would assume) that is issued once the car is built?

Yeah, surprising how much the motor industry spends on marketing yet it is so far behind on building the consumer experience which would get far more bang for buck in customer loyalty (in my opinion anyway!).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would have loved to do a factory tour and see mine going through the factory, but they said they cannot tell where a particular car will be. I find this extremely hard to believe as DHL carts are delivering the various parts to each car 'just in time' so some bugger knows what, where & when!

·
Registered
168 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I would have loved to do a factory tour and see mine going through the factory, but they said they cannot tell where a particular car will be. I find this extremely hard to believe as DHL carts are delivering the various parts to each car 'just in time' so some bugger knows what, where & when!
I've got an email from the guy who's piloting the collection/tour service - they've got some tweaking to do to align the car tour / delivery - hopefully this will be a well oiled machine soon

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Delboy2911 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I would have loved to do a factory tour and see mine going through the factory, but they said they cannot tell where a particular car will be. I find this extremely hard to believe as DHL carts are delivering the various parts to each car 'just in time' so some bugger knows what, where & when![/quote
I've got an email from the guy who's piloting the collection/tour service - they've got some tweaking to do to align the car tour / delivery - hopefully this will be a well oiled machine soon
That would be bloody fab to see the car mid or 3/4 build stage, just so it's recognisable as your car!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can't track it online but once you know the order number and dealer number they can find your car and when it's going through the factory from panel selection onwards. You can't see the paint process that would be too dangerous and messy to take the public to. They don't offer it on the regular factory tour but they do do a VIP tour which is the experience my wife and I went on. It was a great experience excellent lunch and a fantastic tour its a lot more expensive than the normal tour but you get to see a lot more and get close to your car on the line. I have attached one of the pictures, I also managed to get a copy of the build sheet that you see taped to the side of each car as it goes around the line. Apart from being my car it is a very interesting tour even my wife found it interesting and she really didn't want to go.
View attachment 6475

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.