Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my car with inTouch Pro but I didn't add the inControl feature, purely because my dealer was an idiot. Do you know if I can add it now? I will ask the dealer as well but I was wondering if anyone knows

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
i would be very surprised as another person found they were missing the heated steering wheel and the dealer tried to fit one to find it was missing the part of the wiring loom, there is so much more then just the screen to think about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same question.
When ordering the car I took ICTP, I didn't know that the navigation didn't even have TMC.
When the navigation is working it gladly shows me in to traffic jams and road works.

I had no idea that you need to take the option with Internet, TMC works good in Belgium.
So for the moment I have a flashy screen, but technical it's worse then a cheep tomtom.

Is it possibel to connect ICTP/navigation to internet some other way?

·
Registered
203 Posts
BEPace, i have the same problem. Did not get the option when ordering to find out that this is not working. This is what i found on the Jaguar website. (Sorry in dutch)

Momenteel is het alleen mogelijk om InControl Apps te kopen in een nieuw voertuig. InControl Apps wordt gekozen wanneer het voertuig wordt besteld, omdat de benodigde hardware in de fabriek wordt ingebouwd. Andere mogelijkheden worden bekeken.
The last sentence gives us some hope but i would not count on it. I wish the famous patch 2 will add this for us.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello,

Just guessing... do you have a way to connect to a WIFI hot spot created with your mobile from ICTP ?, if you can then maybe you can have access to internet and receive the traffic or other information. I think there is a tutorial Jaguar video showing how to connect to a WIFI hot spot external to the car. (for example a hot spot in your garage or your mobile ).

In case you use your mobile : just create a WIFI hotspot and activate any WIFI option available in the ICTP to connect the car to that WIFI external hotspot.

This is just how I think it should work but have not tried by myself.

See this video from minute 2:15 :

·
Registered
203 Posts
Salva, i have only the Hotspot option. Not the WiFi. So it is impossible to connect. Think this belongs to the additional package. Don't realy know what use the hotspot option has without connection to the internet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beacuse I am stupid in technology, I thought wifi was to read news and book hotels.
I had no idea that it would effect the navigation, neither did my salesman.

I really hope there is away to solve this.

I must say, to charge 2600 euros for a navigation like this is insane and if you would like to be warn about traffic jams or road works, you have to ad 1000 euros more.

I will see what the famous patch will bring the 3rd of November.

Beste
BEPace

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hope the patch brings at least TMC but am not counting on it. It is a waste of money like this indeed. Very poor of Jaguar not to include this in the standard package. I am missing Siri also. I have to admit the screens are good but i miss the progammable function buttons, the traffic information, Siri in the BMW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
salva72 said:
Hello,

Just guessing... do you have a way to connect to a WIFI hot spot created with your mobile from ICTP ?, if you can then maybe you can have access to internet and receive the traffic or other information. I think there is a tutorial Jaguar video showing how to connect to a WIFI hot spot external to the car. (for example a hot spot in your garage or your mobile ).

In case you use your mobile : just create a WIFI hotspot and activate any WIFI option available in the ICTP to connect the car to that WIFI external hotspot.

This is just how I think it should work but have not tried by myself.

See this video from minute 2:15 :

This works well
[URL=https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TUVF5FK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TUVF5FK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
203 Posts
bank5ter,

If you have the WiFi option to connect i agree. But we don't have it. So impossible to connect this to the car.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I had no idea it was possible to order ICTP without these options... in the UK the ICTP comes with ...
InControl Touch (SD) Navigation
InControl Apps
InControl Remote Premium
InControl WiFi
InControl Protect

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Your be surprised how country to country that options differ so much from engine choices to in car tech, even the same model in one country might have more or less standard features from another country.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We have the InControl Connect Pro pack for 1.091 € or the Incontrol Apps for 425 €. But i never considered that there was no traffic information on the navigation without these options. In the BMW i did not have the connected option but still TMC traffic warnings.

Stupid mistake. I still hope we can link the cellphone network to the car to get traffic updates or TMC working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's where i got caught up, I was in the UK but last minute my job send me abroad so I ordered it to the country I currently live (with the view to take it back with me to the UK as they drive the same way) and the versions come differently here than the UK standard one. My dealer was an idiot, he had no idea about anything so he didn't warn me about these differences. Anw I will contact them to see if anything can be done.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are ther any retrofit companies for JLR systems? - I know that for Mercedes there is a compny in Surrey called COMAND UK who can fit almost any factory fit option to the car (tech wise that is) and have it work perfectly, when the dealers will tell you it absolutely definitely cannot be done..no way!
Being fairly new to JLR I am unsure if there is an equivalent type of company out there?
would have thought there is but it seems all of a sudden Google is not my friend after all.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Looks like they do a very good job,

There are other makes of cars where companies will retro fit factory installed items, if we could find one for the Fpace i think they would be very busy due to order issues.

I for one would have the following done straight away,
Blind Sport Mirrors
Front Camera

Then maybe look at other options but the above two i would like to have fitted, both are fitted to European models of the 1st edition Fpace.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.