Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Caesium Blue XJ

15K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  F-Pace S 
#1 ·
A pretty rare beast this, my dealer demo and my car home for the past week or so, everyone loves it
View attachment 3355

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha I was just checking it on google!

#7 ·
Some quite remarkable discounts available on the XJ via the usual brokers. I found I could get a 3l R-Sport (which in terms of kit is much the same as my XF S) for the same monthlies. It's just too big for me, and too slow...

#8 ·
bensales said:
Some quite remarkable discounts available on the XJ via the usual brokers. I found I could get a 3l R-Sport (which in terms of kit is much the same as my XF S) for the same monthlies. It's just too big for me, and too slow...
Love the colour. Saw similar on a FType Convertible in a striking blue and like that colour as well.

Bensales how you finding the XF S petrol ? It was due to be my next car. My previous was so comfortable so I was getting the new model when it came out. Then I heard about the F Pace and hung on thinking it would be ideal.

I've got an XE loaner and immediately I thought the seats and level was much more comfortable and seats just a bit softer with maybe a bigger area / front of seats. This is entry level I think with clunky manual adjustment on front so surprising how it naturally feels better on the seating position.
It stops there though - cabin is cramped by comparison, black leather and no pano it feels bit dingey and I'm back sitting on the floor. 3 months in the F Pace I've got used to a few nice differences and maybe taken a few for granted. It's a great car !! I miss it already but I've hurt my hip / knee again with those seats and can't get a natural position.
Oh it has standard Nav and media and I just ended up staring it at it for a bit and it's clunky small settings.
And dials - big plastic conical things - not missed at all - never thought I'd say that -

What's the new XF like ?
and that big XJ - I've not seen the interior etc. Is it a step up and nice place to be ?

#9 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
I just priced one up online holy MOG that's an expensive motor.
Yes not super cheap but top of range comes in just over 90 odd - can't config too much over that

I looked at the F Type and that's £115K + if you really want to go for it !!!!

#11 ·
Mbadger77 said:
bensales said:
Bensales how you finding the XF S petrol ? It was due to be my next car. My previous was so comfortable so I was getting the new model when it came out. Then I heard about the F Pace and hung on thinking it would be ideal.

What's the new XF like ?
and that big XJ - I've not seen the interior etc. Is it a step up and nice place to be ?
<disclaimer>I read this forum, because the new XF has more in common with the F-Pace than the old model, and the XF forums don't have many new owners yet.

I love the new XF. The interior, like the XE and F-Pace is a lot more modern than the previous one, so I can see why some people don't like it. I feel quality-wise it's as good as the old model, its just different.

So far everything works (touch wood), and I have InControl Touch Pro. Admittedly, I haven't tried the CD player yet! I made sure the dealer applied every update Topix listed before I collected.

The petrol is quiet and fast. I did try out the F-Pace, but a combination of a love of super-saloons, and a lack of discounts on the F-Pace put me in the XF. Plus the back seats of the F-Pace are smaller than the XF and I have two children in car seats so weirdly, the saloon was more practical. XE was way too small for me.

XJ interior is a noticeable step up in quality over XF and F-Pace, but it's a big old beast of a car.

#12 ·
For our resident Catlady, her damp rear end for you
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

#13 ·
Since people seem interested in this, I thought I would share my thoughts...

The blue, with the cream leather, makes this a lovely looking car. I wanted to dislike it, so it didn't become a future option for purchase, but do you know what, after 500 miles I am way more smitten than I should be. It is no F-Pace, and I will be glad to get my new one soon.

It's chassis is fun for a big car.
Someone mentioned it was not that quick, I can assure you in is, same engine as our FP's and the mid range especially on such a big car is awesome.
Everyone loves it weirdly, I think it is the colour combo
Is it too big? Parking is a slight issue, but wafting around, it feels no bigger than my old 5 series, although it obviously it.
For a big car, rear headroom is limited
Fit and finish is excellent, no rattles, although the stereo is poor in comparison to the 380w in my FP, really distorts at even low volumes
Washer jets are mounted to the wiper arm, very very efficient , why was this not carried over??

Would I buy one....oh my....looking like this....I think I might :eek: :eek:

#14 ·
Its funny Piers I loved the XJ from the front in that colour and I bet it looks lush inside with the cream leather but IMHO I really don't like its ass -looks like a Caesium sideboard.

Get back in your Fpace and enjoy the compliments. When I switched my summer for winter tyres yesterdays the lads at the tyre place I've gone to for years were seriously wowing over "me black beauty" first one they had worked on. I knew they liked it cos despite being covered in grease they laid plastic throughout the back so that the backs of the seats didn't get mucky when they put in the summer ones. Had a laugh with them as well with the remote service starting the car up and then making the alarm go off!!

#15 ·
Thanks for the picture of the rear of your XJ, F Pace S . . the caesium blue colour does look good, no doubt about it, but even that can't disguise the basic fact that it looks totally numb from behind, those giant cheap-looking plastic tail-lights don't help either!

It's like an entirely different car, compared to the front and side profiles, like they just got bored in the design studio and stuck the illegitimate child of a numb old 90s Ford Scorpio crossed with a Peugeot 508 on to it . . :lol: . . okay, perhaps a bit harsh, but to me it looks the most un-Jag-like of the whole Jag range! . . . nope, thanks anyway, but it's not for me I'm afraid :cry:

#16 ·
I have to agree with Catwoman about the rear..... although the other day I followed a XJ.... must have been the big engine one with the little boot spoiler and 4 pipes out the back, that was finished in Ammonite / black pack and that did look stunning.
Definitely a wow colour in that blue!!!
Think I speced the black pack on mine!!! , find out when I give it a clean over Christmas :lol: :lol:

#17 ·
I like the XJ as a car and would be tempted but it's not really the thing for the rural Scottish Borders - more of a city or wealthy suburban car. I would look a bit of a twot trying to navigate up some farmer's track in an XJ. Which is a shame as I suspect you can secure some rather tasty deals on a new or nearly new model.

Having said that, for me the XJ isn't a car for IRR or this bright, loud blue. It's an Exec Limo and as such should be ordered in suitable colours like dark blue, grey, silver or black.

I guess there is a niche market for this particular one but I doubt many folk will be bidding for it when it comes up for sale. I can hear the salesman right now telling a future owner at part-ex time that the colour is not reaching out to the target buyer. Oh, forgot, they say that about any colour don't they!

Arianne

#19 ·
I had one for a few days as a loan car, the only issues i could see was the boot, it should be massive but its not and the access to the boot is rather restricted due to the angle of the rear window, as mentioned it drove well though so if a large easy access boot is not required then this is a nice car to drive.

#20 ·
I totally agree with all thoughts, the rear is too big and the boot surprising small,putting my hard earned into one is not going to happen, the FPace is the perfect car for me, I know that and am looking forward to handing the big blue beast back when mine arrives.

As a friend said yesterday when he gets a loan car he gets a Citroen C1 so I guess it is better than that ;)

#21 ·
While the cats away...

The FP was booked in for 3 days for the recall work and a couple of other miner fixes. Roll on 2 weeks running round in a filthy, scruffy 15 plate XF and daily phone calls from the service department saying the work had been done, but they were just waiting on some parts before they could finish it off, we popped in just to check up.

Oh dear. Sadly we found the FP abandoned in the corner of the car park, completely untouched, and a service 'manager' with no explanation other than, "we've been really busy so haven't got round to it yet". We were not happy to say the least :x

Thankfully our salesman has been an absolute star from the first time we stepped into the showroom so a visit to him the next morning got the FP straight into the workshop to have all the fixes sorted. He took the tired XF off us and gave us a freshly valeted 66 plate fully loaded XJ with under 700 miles on the clocks.

Well in excess of 100k list price. Heated seats all round, cooled and massage seats in the front, TV, top end audio (which sounds fantastic!), climate control in the rear and god knows how many other options. It's a lovely beast, very comfy and quiet. It is huge though, so huge it's been affectionately named 'the yacht' lol.

Attachments

#22 ·
bluediamond013 said:
While the cats away...

The FP was booked in for 3 days for the recall work and a couple of other miner fixes. Roll on 2 weeks running round in a filthy, scruffy 15 plate XF and daily phone calls from the service department saying the work had been done, but they were just waiting on some parts before they could finish it off, we popped in just to check up.

Oh dear. Sadly we found the FP abandoned in the corner of the car park, completely untouched, and a service 'manager' with no explanation other than, "we've been really busy so haven't got round to it yet". We were not happy to say the least :x

Thankfully our salesman has been an absolute star from the first time we stepped into the showroom so a visit to him the next morning got the FP straight into the workshop to have all the fixes sorted. He took the tired XF off us and gave us a freshly valeted 66 plate fully loaded XJ with under 700 miles on the clocks.

Well in excess of 100k list price. Heated seats all round, cooled and massage seats in the front, TV, top end audio (which sounds fantastic!), climate control in the rear and god knows how many other options. It's a lovely beast, very comfy and quiet. It is huge though, so huge it's been affectionately named 'the yacht' lol.
Oh dear, fingers crossed its sorted soon, never knew you could get a XJ for over a 100K though :eek:

I am not a fan of the XJ to be honest, as mentioned before boot is so stupid.

#24 ·
:lol: awesome post Waynem, thank you so much for giving me yet another guffaw-out-loud moment on here! :lol: :lol: . . you're such a star! . . wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and all who visit and contribute to forum life, have a good one . . one and all, cheers, Cats ^..^

#25 ·
Well, if anyone is interested, I hand it back on Monday, my new F-Pace is here, and I can honestly say it has been a lovely car and I have enjoyed borrowing it. It will be back at Harwoods Crawley if you want a relatively unique car, that looks simply awesome compared to the one pictured above, which is, well, not my cuppa.

Thanks for the lend guys.

#26 ·
F-Pace S said:
Well, if anyone is interested, I hand it back on Monday, my new F-Pace is here, and I can honestly say it has been a lovely car and I have enjoyed borrowing it. It will be back at Harwoods Crawley if you want a relatively unique car, that looks simply awesome compared to the one pictured above, which is, well, not my cuppa.

Thanks for the lend guys.
That's where I'll be Monday too! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.