Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going to the car show in Brussels this week, if the F pace is as nice in the flesh as the photos I would like to order.
On the plus side, I would receive the car early June and I get a generous discount from Jaguar due to my job and motor show discounts.
Now for the but, I have only once bought a new car without driving it first, it was sold on within a year.

1)Would you test drive the XE and XF or would Discovery Sport the with AWD be a better match.
2)Does anyone have any idea of when and where the first test drives will be, I live in Belgium so only 2 hours from England.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Test drive the Disco Sport for the Ingenium 2.0d and the XF for the V6 Diesel. If you can't do both as different dealers do the XE and XF, the F-Pace should be 'car-like' anyhow.

Wish the rest of us could get a generous discount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the advice Paul

I will try and test drive the Discovery 2.0 auto AWD and XE on Monday its the same dealers for both here

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you're set on the 2.0d Ingenium don't test drive the 3.0d V6 as from what I hear there's no competition. You'll come out of the test drives wanting the more powerful, smoother and more expensive 3.0d!

·
Registered
154 Posts
blackdog said:
I will be going to the car show in Brussels this week, if the F pace is as nice in the flesh as the photos I would like to order.
On the plus side, I would receive the car early June and I get a generous discount from Jaguar due to my job and motor show discounts.
Now for the but, I have only once bought a new car without driving it first, it was sold on within a year.

1)Would you test drive the XE and XF or would Discovery Sport the with AWD be a better match.
2)Does anyone have any idea of when and where the first test drives will be, I live in Belgium so only 2 hours from England.
You must be related to Mr Callum or Mr Speth if you are going to get a generous discount from Jaguar on the F-Pace. My relative works for Jaguar in a fairly high poistion and they have been told no discount period.

This will be the first JLR product I have bought without discount but hoping the predicted high residuals will soften the blow, if you do get that generous discount you will have free motoring for a year so fill your boots and go for the V6 (diesel or petrol) S.

I bought a Porsche Macan in 2014 without a test drive, you basically need to trust Jaguar will produce a good product and judging by the last view years and going by test drives of the XE/XF which is the basis of the F-Pace i.e. chassis, suspension, brakes, engine etc...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, had the same problem with the Evoque.
Although the RRE is a fine AWD SUV, even in Dynamic mode it does not handle like a car. I am hoping that the F-Pace changes this and is truly a driver's car as well as a SUV.
JLR has come a long way over the last few years and the reviews of XE, XF and F-type show it can produce class leading products.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am very lucky the Diplomatic and Military Car Program from Jaguar/Landrover is similar to the BMW, AUDI, Mercedes and Volvo deals, they all have a fixed discount across all world markets, on some old models the local price is better than the factory price. I wish can't justify the extra cost of the 3.0 to my wife.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello,
How much percentage discount can you get in a motor show?
I've been offered discount via the tourist program...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts