Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my car was due to be built 16th September week, so far, no car built despite dealer chasing, and he has 6 others in the same build slot, none built either..

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered mine on 7th March with a mid July build date which then moved to late December and then 14th October. Got the call on Friday last to say I could drive it away on 23rd September. It's a lottery!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure whether to believe mine. Originally ordered in March, then cancelled in June.
Decided to proceed after all in August. Phoned round a few dealers looking for shortest lead time (I guess because they'd sold least of their 2016 allocation).
Ended up speaking to the manager at Leeds who said they could get me a car for November. When I came to place order they passed it on to the Bradford dealership and I was given estimated delivery of 31st October, build date in last week of September.
Emailed dealer today and he says it is still scheduled for next week.
Hoping I might get it in time for my 50th on the 21st. If they manage it, it will be order placement to delivery in 14 weeks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
F-Pace S said:
So, my car was due to be built 16th September week, so far, no car built despite dealer chasing, and he has 6 others in the same build slot, none built either..

As far as I know, your car may have been built but the first your dealer would know for sure is about 4-5 days later when it arrives at the compound, ready for them to call off.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pos.k said:
F-Pace S said:

As far as I know, your car may have been built but the first your dealer would know for sure is about 4-5 days later when it arrives at the compound, ready for them to call off.
I hope so, many more news tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mine is supposedly being built this week.... Dealer rang on Tuesday - nothing to point to this not being the case.. Ordered 6th May, delivery originally implied as 7th September, now quoted as by 21st October....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Deposit September 15, lock in mid June ish, build date 8th July, built on 6th July, collected on 22nd July. Seems it's the 3.0l that are in delay?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
No doubt there are many factors that alter build dates, parts availability being one and updates on the production line.

Many on here say they got there's earlier then expected though.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Black Pack was causing an issue at one point as every man and his dog wanted one and supplier could not keep up!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well no further news today apparently....it is "in the mix" whatever that means!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still I wait, 3 calls into the dealers today and yesterday, he is always "with a client", promises of return calls form receptionist....so far nothing.

I wonder if it has arrived and it is the wrong colour? I wouldn't be the first. You start thinking all sorts....

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Still I wait, 3 calls into the dealers today and yesterday, he is always "with a client", promises of return calls form receptionist....so far nothing.

I wonder if it has arrived and it is the wrong colour? I wouldn't be the first. You start thinking all sorts....
If the dealer is local I would take a ride down there and speak to them face to face, it must have an issue of some sort otherwise why has your build date been missed, no one else date has been missed that I am aware of on here as I am sure like you we would know about it.

Real shame a dealer is like this, you pay good money and expect a call back at least, after all your the customer.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so spoken to him today, they have been in discussion with Jaguar over what has happened....it turns out they had 7 cars in 16/9 build week, 3 have been delivered, 4 have been caught up, with build dates shifted out to this week, so a further two week delay.

To be fair to him, I think he was trying to solve it before telling me, sent me a text soon after I posted.

He said they had factored the sales into September so they were a little peeved too

Interestingly, and I guess rather annoyingly, they also have had two cars delivered this week, that had estimated delivery dates of December, so if I was reading between the lines, an option is obviously holding build up, whilst cars without that option are coming through more quickly, as as he said, without any notice!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I wonder if that is ICTPro holding it up then, given the known issues maybe they want all cars to go out with latest software? I would do that in their place.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am hoping that you are correct, and that the ITCP will be sorted, thinking about it, he quoted a specific delivery of 10th-15th October so could be the update date...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
corriescar66 said:
Well, just found out mine was built, as anticipated, last week & is ready to be called down! :D
Do you have ITCP?
When was yours due to be built?
Trying to narrow down...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts