Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I definitely agree about the in-built camera tech needing to be more useful for recording purposes, that would have been an awesome addition . . c'mon Jag, get more imaginative, your car designs deserve better!

My second personal bugbear is the somewhat restricted choice of interiors for the seats, colours and finishes, that Jag offer. I would have loved a slightly more subtle black/red combination. There's an option on the F-Type interior which is black seats with just highlighted red stitching and it looked absolutely superb to me, real top class quality . . shame the options on the F-Pace weren't more flexible. The seats are made by Lear, who make a vast range of quality finishes, so I can't see why more options couldn't be offered . . I'd have happily paid good money for more flexibility there.
I agree on the black and red leather, if the red was a more smoky red I would defo gone for it but just felt the red on offer was a bit cheap n tacky, if it was ladies underwear it was Anne Summers not Boux Avenue - sorry to those who picked it!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
MyNameIsMatt said:
My biggest bug bear is the lack of variety in the paint colours - they're mostly fuddyduddy colours to me. I saw an F-type in Caldera red which was stunning (like the Ferrari red), I would have ordered my F-pace in that colour in the blink of an eye if I had the option.
If the F-pace is aimed at a new segment of the market, I feel they need to offer a breadth of colours to suit a wider demographic.
Jaguars in late 70's early 80's went through a period of White, Green or Beige.. Castle Bromwich (Jaguar body shop back then) couldn't make any other colours stick at that time! Things have improved!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would like the surround cameras to be more useful and intuitive. The fact that the rear camera comes on when you put it in reverse, but 360 view and / or other cameras go off as soon as you put it in drive is not helpful when manoeuvring in tight spaces. Also, it's ridiculous that you can't view the cameras other than at very low speed, in RRS you used to be able to leave them on which was very helpful in tight country roads with dry stone walls!

Reactions: SuperXstyle

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
neilox1 said:
I would like the surround cameras to be more useful and intuitive. The fact that the rear camera comes on when you put it in reverse, but 360 view and / or other cameras go off as soon as you put it in drive is not helpful when manoeuvring in tight spaces. Also, it's ridiculous that you can't view the cameras other than at very low speed, in RRS you used to be able to leave them on which was very helpful in tight country roads with dry stone walls!
Wow this thread is over two years old since you post, good find. :shock:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I certainly wouldnt swap it for a Macan look at their forum there are plenty of issues.
My one thing I'd like put right is the standing start in second gear, it's awful why can't it be normal!
That aside mine has no issues and that seems to be general for MY18 onwards, there don't seem to be many problems posted here - plenty about bad service though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would move the control button to move from Normal, Dynamic, Snow/rain, Eco modes from the Centre console onto the Steering Wheel. This is much safer than taking your hand off the wheel and having to look down to find the button.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
DPE said:
I would move the control button to move from Normal, Dynamic, Snow/rain, Eco modes from the Centre console onto the Steering Wheel. This is much safer than taking your hand off the wheel and having to look down to find the button.
I was thinking exactly the same today. You have to look down to find the button and not easy on the move.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
DPE said:
Fully agree , the other day I hit a freak thunderstorm, found myself feeling around for the buttons to hit the snow/ice/rain setting, it's really tricky to get the right one pressing the arrows and trying to concentration on the road.

Annoyingly I found when I managed to change the setting it put the blooming stop start on which I wasn't expecting, both switching to snow/ice /rain and then again going back to normal driving. :oops: I let fling with a few choice words whilst fumbling around. :roll:

Voice control of this area would be good ...
Something like
"Driving mode <normal>
"Driving mode <eco>
"Driving mode <slippy>
"Driving mode <lunatic> 😀 ??

·
Registered
441 Posts
DPE said:
DPE - spot on! like the M1 and M2 buttons I had on my M4's steering wheel. 2nd thing would be for the media system on/off button to be lit. 3rd thing would be for the media system to be slightly less glitchy and a bit more consistent. Generally works fine, but I'm always uneasy that it could stop at any moment....?

(Can I add that the driving experience in terms of engine, ride, comfort, and handling has been absolutely first class)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd ask Jaguar to get rid of the unacceptable throttle pedal and resting foot vibration that is evident at certain speeds in some, but not all diesel F Paces and that Jaguar insist is a 'characteristic' of the engine - if so, why isn't it on all the diesel engines?
They just deny it's a problem and it has made my first year of ownership a disappointing one of battling with Jaguar CRC since January for a resolution; they are totally intransigent even to a generous compromise solution offered by my very supportive dealer and myself. Let this be a warning to all other potential purchasers!
The rejection battle goes on as I rue my misspent £53k...

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
dw-fp-jag said:
I'd ask Jaguar to get rid of the unacceptable throttle pedal and resting foot vibration that is evident at certain speeds in some, but not all diesel F Paces and that Jaguar insist is a 'characteristic' of the engine - if so, why isn't it on all the diesel engines?
They just deny it's a problem and it has made my first year of ownership a disappointing one of battling with Jaguar CRC since January for a resolution; they are totally intransigent even to a generous compromise solution offered by my very supportive dealer and myself. Let this be a warning to all other potential purchasers!
The rejection battle goes on as I rue my misspent £53k...
Sorry to hear of your issues but your not alone. ;)

Stay strong and I am sure your get the result you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is some good feedback in this thread!
Any more bugbears, or all generally going OK guys?
Minor one, I have performance seats in my P400e, which are great, but if no one in passenger seat, seat belt buckle knocks noisily against side of seat. I had the same seats in a MB AMG and there was a magnetic strip on the the side, to keep the buckle secure. As I say, minor and if it wasn’t so damn quiet inside, I wouldn’t even notice.

Reactions: scotti1000

·
Registered
43 Posts
Adjust the rear view mirror along with the side mirrors, steering wheel and seat when selecting a seat memory position.
update maps without needing a PC, memory chip, and 20 hours!

·
Registered
40 Posts
update maps without needing a PC, memory chip, and 20 hours!
This! Getting very tedious to update the satnav maps now. I even have a hefty 14 volt PSU I hook up to the car so I don't have the run the engine to stop the battery draining and infotainment shutdown during the update process.

Another switch that needs a better location is the Lane Departure Warning button. Why is it located low down, shielded by your right knee and the steering wheel such that I can't be seen? And next to the tailgate open/close button? At least the tailgate won't open when driving at motorway speeds while you're stabbing at a button trying to turn Lane Departure Warning on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Another switch that needs a better location is the Lane Departure Warning button. Why is it located low down, shielded by your right knee and the steering wheel such that I can't be seen?
On my 21 car it’s on the steering wheel.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts