Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up: a small and insignificant point, despite it's ridiculous over-the-top cost, but just annoying 'cos it makes no sense - there's no cup-holder cover option on manual transmission cars . . . why, why, why, why? :evil:
I almost (not really!) went for an auto transmission car just so I could have it . . . £50 for the cover + another £1750 for the auto box = £1800 just for a little sliding plastic thing to cover up two circular cup holes!!! (...and those were the prices before the increases!)

I'm sure there'll be other more important design details that could be bigger bones of contention for some.... but just wanted to, y'know, vent.
Thanks, Cats

·
Registered
948 Posts
The both RRSports had them and I actually didn't tick that box because I found it a nuisance, spill a milky coffee that dries on those little grooves and you'll know what I mean.

My small thing I'd change is having a traditional gear selector on the auto, I found myself using the up/down shifter on the lever in my RRSports rather than the paddles..... I miss it. :roll:

Other than that everything's GOOD.

·
Registered
473 Posts
A sports exhaust option and the self imposed running in period before I can it hear it howl :D :D :) otherwise all is very good indeed.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
At least some small badge on the car to show that despite all the reviews I still went for the petrol :twisted:

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Cup holders in the rear centre arm rest like my Evoque
Seriously the FP doesn't have them? My kids will go nuts, even my wife's 2009 Mazda 6 has them.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ruski said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Seriously the FP doesn't have them? My kids will go nuts, even my wife's 2009 Mazda 6 has them.
Without wanting to speak out of turn, as my car has not arrived yet, but they do in all the ones I have seen...

·
Registered
142 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Ruski said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Without wanting to speak out of turn, as my car has not arrived yet, but they do in all the ones I have seen...
I hope so, the only reason my kids think my Merc is better than the Mazda is due to the swish way the rear cup holders pop out of the rear centre arm rest. If there are none they will be gutted....... and if up to them would cancel the order and lose my deposit :cry:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If I misled anyone on the cup holders apologies. I could swear the R-Sport I looked in didn't have any. I will double check tomorrow and report back, as my kids also use them in the Evoque and the storage pocket inside, or maybe it was that which was missing??? :roll: :(

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
SORRY!!! Have cup holders it is the storage pocket that is missing, so I change my bug bear to no storage pocket in rear arm rest!! :p :shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree some optional extras are massively overpriced. The website lists the child car seat at £385 whilst the exact same one is available elsewhere at £130! But not a bugbear, you just need to be savvy and shop around/weigh up the pros and cons.

Some things look appealing but are just gimmicks IMO, the kind of things you wow your friends with but never end up using (HUD and TV being examples).

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wouldn't say HUD is a gimmick.

Not when you're driving the 3.0 engine, you'll be travelling much faster than you think :) the HUD helps you keep your licence.

Plus I find having the nav directions within my eye line very handy too.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Make the 360 deg surround camera system record all the time to memory stick/chip, then I wouldn't have wasted money buying and fitting dash cams. They go 90% of the way and then stop, what use is 360 camera without record?

·
Registered
85 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Make the 360 deg surround camera system record all the time to memory stick/chip, then I wouldn't have wasted money buying and fitting dash cams. They go 90% of the way and then stop, what use is 360 camera without record?
That's a good point, although it might be that the cameras on the front bumper are too low down and will miss what needs recording.

Which cameras did you go for? I'm looking at a thinkware f770 which the RAC can come and fit, but it does look quite big, so I'm wondering if it will get in the way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got this in my current Touareg Nextbase iN-car Cam 402G Professional after reading the reviews on the Which? website. It gives excellent images in daylight and night and will be transferred to the the F-Pace when it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I definitely agree about the in-built camera tech needing to be more useful for recording purposes, that would have been an awesome addition . . c'mon Jag, get more imaginative, your car designs deserve better!

My second personal bugbear is the somewhat restricted choice of interiors for the seats, colours and finishes, that Jag offer. I would have loved a slightly more subtle black/red combination. There's an option on the F-Type interior which is black seats with just highlighted red stitching and it looked absolutely superb to me, real top class quality . . shame the options on the F-Pace weren't more flexible. The seats are made by Lear, who make a vast range of quality finishes, so I can't see why more options couldn't be offered . . I'd have happily paid good money for more flexibility there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My biggest bug bear is the lack of variety in the paint colours - they're mostly fuddyduddy colours to me. I saw an F-type in Caldera red which was stunning (like the Ferrari red), I would have ordered my F-pace in that colour in the blink of an eye if I had the option.
If the F-pace is aimed at a new segment of the market, I feel they need to offer a breadth of colours to suit a wider demographic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts