Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So quite fortuitously I've just got back from viewing a Senior Design Engineer from Jag's own XE in Dark Sapphire Blue with Brogue interior.

My father in law met him today and as soon as I found out I was on his house doorstep asking to view his car! Lovely bloke even took me for a test drive. The Ingenium 2.0d is a decently pokey engine and nicely refined I thought

Seeing my paint colour choice with Brogue interior has convinced me to change my order from Jet (if I still can). It works really well. Far better then my initial thought of 'Brown leather. Really?!' and my salesperson would have me believe

My hang up now is whether the black of the interior trim, brogue seats and light Oyster headling is a bit too much and to opt for Jet headlining so as to tone it down to two colours. I quite like the idea of 3 levels of colour from dark to light but am undecided and perhaps I'm starting to 'Portfolio' my S interior a little too much? Black headling more sporty perhaps?

To anyone ordering Brogue. What's your headlining choice and why? I've had the light headlining in my Evoque and re-ordered it by default (albeit with black leather)

Changing the order tomorrow so we'll see if I'm too late!

·
Registered
184 Posts
From an aesthetic point of view, I'm a great believer that less is more. Personally I would certainly reduce the interior colour options to two rather than 3.

I would say that going from dark up through to light is in your head and your interpretation of your colour scheme, but I would say keep it simple.

I note you have the pano, so you're only talking a bit of peripheral headlining only. It certainly won't be oppressive with the pano.

I see now that you have to pay for jet headlining and I would bet my life that a few months ago they were both a no cost option. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I wrong?

I like the brown leather - never trust a salesman.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've gone brown with light headlining.
My reasoning was it brings more of a light feel to the cabin and aligned with the pano roof should look pretty good.

My car is black but the configurator had the brown as dark cream brown and reality is a bit lighter.

Too,late for me to change now but I think it's the right decision

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh cock! I did have a sneaking suspicion but I have just confirmed on the configurator the XE I looked at must have actually had a Siena Tan Windsor Leather interior not Brogue Taurus Leather. Thought it was a bit too much of an orange tinge. Still liked it though, good quality too.

View attachment 87

Not sure where that leaves me on Brogue...?

View attachment 87
View attachment 87

All of a sudden it now looks too dark! ! So, after this exercise what I actually want is an interior colour from a Portfolio on an S (like many it would appear).

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
The problem I have with Brogue is it's a milk chocolate colour, you'll either love it or loathe it and that doesn't help re-sell.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I adore the Brogue. Got it in my BRG exterior with the get suedecloth headliner. I too have concerns that the black headliner might be too dark and make the cabin feel too enclosed, but after looking at the oyster headliner with brogue in the configurator, I just couldn't do it. The way the B pillars are oyster while the C pillars are black just looked odd to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. I'm not man enough. Sticking with Jet leather and Oyster headlining. Wimp

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nastro azzurro said:
Jet headlining was always a £300 option on a RRS so would assume the same on the Jag?
Jet headlining is a NCO....... Unless you go for Suedecloth @ £1600

1 - 9 of 9 Posts