Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
unfortunately I am not an F-Pace owner, but I do own an XF-S (X260) 3.0 Supercharged AWD. I am currently thinking about how to improve the braking system. I have the option to buy a complete set (front and rear) of the brake system from the F-Pace SVR (395 mm).
My main question: can the brakes from the SVR be used on the XF-S? Unfortunately, Jaguar doesn't make the XF in an SVR variant.
Sorry for such a topic. I will be grateful for advice and help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
F-Pace and XF (X260) suspension components although similar in appearance, are completely different. I doubt anyone has tried to bolt F-Pace SVR brake components to a XF, so without trying I wouldn't have thought it would be a bolt for bolt fit. The F-Pace SVR suspension is also different to the non-SVR models so the brakes may not even fit the hubs of a non-SVR model F-Pace. Try it and see is going to be the only way to know. You''d also need to investigate the EPB mechanism of the 2 models, I think they're different too. The X761 uses a motor built-in to each rear caliper, I don't have the EPB handy for the X260 but doesn't that use a single central motor and cables?

In short I'd suggest fitting different brake pads, but semi racing pads don't work well on the road as you can't keep them hot. What's actually wrong with your stock brakes? The S model of the X260 already had bigger front discs from the non-S models?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I'll try an experiment to see if the brakes work. But according to my technical experience it should fit.
Otherwise, I think Jaguar really doesn't know how to do a braking system. Even lower categories of vehicles with less power have better brakes, for example 4 and 6 piston brakes from Brembo. And since I really drive my Jaguar XF-S on the edge, the brakes are a big weakness. And I didn't dare to go circuit riding.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's a road car. There's big brake kits that could be available, for a price. The XF-S is also not a comparison to an X-250 XF-R which does have bigger brakes and would be more suitable to retro-fit to your XF-S. But they're still a sliding caliper design, just twin (single sided) pistons rather than a single piston design. Be interesting to see if you can get them to fit though (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts