Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following the suspension threads. However my suspension problem (F Pace 1sr edition 22in wheels) is that the ride is so bouncy at low speeds on small roads that on more than one occasion my rear seat passengers have been sick. My rear suspension seems very high - a large gap between wheel and car body. My dealer said everything seemed OK but is he right?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
wmr said:
I've been following the suspension threads. However my suspension problem (F Pace 1sr edition 22in wheels) is that the ride is so bouncy at low speeds on small roads that on more than one occasion my rear seat passengers have been sick. My rear suspension seems very high - a large gap between wheel and car body. My dealer said everything seemed OK but is he right?
I have the same car and do not have a soft ride in Dynamic mode, what mode are you driving in?

As for the wheel arch clearance it is quite big as standard.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes there are several people who have posted in the hard suspension thread that are realising the particularly bouncy or wobbly rear reaction at lower speeds on certain undulations and road conditions. Get the wheels hitting a bump shortly after one another especially round any gentle bend certainly at low speeds and it goes one as then seems to load up,and react very quickly on the other side to create this almost jelly like wobble.
Speed bumps I've got no problem hitting straight on generally unless it's certain types

These issues need to be highlighted to dealers and customer services. Enough people report it then it may get listened to,
Space is quite high between wheel and arch and somebody did measure the distance in that thread and all were the same

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi wmr yes i have the same issue if you look at some of my recent posts you can see my thoughts on the subject.

There is a suspension update due any day and is being applied to my car so will report back.

G

·
I suggest to get your full adaptive dynamics system checked as I felt that my suspension was really really hard and the dealer told me it was ok.
Then we found out that a sensor was faulty, then it was the calculator (which after being replaced made the ride so much better) and now it's the driving mode selector (and my car wobbles more than when I got it back).
My car goes to the dealer on Monday and I hope they will fix this once and for all.
Fortunately I have the dynamic suspension default on the dashboard every now and then so that I could force my dealer to investigate more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts