Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought useful to share this so people have an informed view.

Even though I ordered the flat reversible boot floor with a space saver my car arrived with a full size spare and tyre (exactly matching my black 22's on the car) and the raised boot floor which was a Jaguar error.

After discussion my dealer organised for Jaguar send a complete set of flat reversible boot floor, new foam and fittings and tyre repair kit which the dealer fitted (the raised and flat boot floors are completely swappable on the standard fittings) and I now have a free full size alloy with tyre and raised boot floor stored in my garage as spares :D

Apparently all the parts to covert from full size spare to flat boot with foam, tyre repair kit etc was £600 list price.

I'm not bothered about loosing the space saver as have both the foam repair kit and roadside assistance so a win for me :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all,

Main reason for sharing was to highlight you can order with a full size alloy and tyre at £350 which is a bargain and perhaps strike a deal with your dealer to get a flat floor and either a space saver or tyre repair kit separately and then fit which option suits you :)

·
Banned
444 Posts
I had the same issue, my dealer supplied me with the flat boot panel and the Spacesaver. I purchase a Continental tyre repair kit, exactly the same as the Jaguar item for a quarter of the price! So I now have all combinations, full size matching alloy, Spacesaver & Tyre repair kit

·
Registered
948 Posts
IMO it would have been win win if they had offered you the spacesaver instead of the repair kit, not a fan of no spare when I drive.

·
Banned
444 Posts
They gave me a spacesaver FOC, I chose to purchase the Tyre repair kit at my cost. Belt and braces, I don't fancy doing a wheel change, or waiting for Jaguar Assistance on a cold rainy night.

·
Banned
444 Posts
The cost of the Continental tyre repair kit from Jaguar is around £140 plus VAT, if you buy it directly from Continental it is around £60 including VAT!
The version that you require is the pump with the 450ml bottle, the pumps are all the same. You can find them new on eBay for around £35 but check the expiration date on the liquid as they have a shelf life of around 4 years.

Continental supply the kit to Jaguar who fit this regardless of the make of tyre, I have an F Type R Coupe with Pirellis and the tyre repair kit is still Continental.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts