Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noticed after a week of use that my boot was coming out of alignment. I'm guessing the hydraulics on the shutting mechanism are too powerful for the tightening it left the factory with.

I don't have great photos of the "before" other than a close up of the glass edge - but you can see the gap is very different left side to right.

I would say the original gap to glass was the thickness of 2 x £1 coins on one side vs a 20p piece on the other. It's less now but far from matched/aligned.

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

I left it with the dealer whilst on holiday but sadly came back to it worse than before, I'm actually amazed they thought this was acceptable.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Coin Rim Currency

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Water Automotive tire Sky

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting

Cloud Window Sky Automotive lighting Hood

Has anyone else had these problems?
Would you agree its as awful as it looks to me?

I'm wondering what the "acceptable tolerance" would be - I'd expect this not to have left the body shop as is.

thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
This forum is full of people with alignment issues, you will have to go back to the dealer you brought the car from but be prepared for the its in Jaguar tolerance answer.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Once my RRE started catching the R/H side and scuffing the roof I decided it need sorting, and bidyshop said they had loads in for same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

Just purchased my new 2021 f pace HSE 200 yesterday from Swansway in Crewe

The process of purchasing was first class and the sales guys were very good

I reviewed the car in a darkened presentation room although the front entrance was opened - albeit to support Covid

Unfortunately I didn't see the huge rear door misalignment at the rear

However this morning reviewed my new car and was shocked to see such a massive gap - how could this happen, in fact bad enough to potentially allow water to flood inside

Jaguar are selling me a £51k car , what has happened to their quality assurance, in fact why didn't Swansway complete an effective PDI

We all want to buy British but surely this isn't acceptable

Written to the sales team and await a response

Please see both sides to the boot in the enclosed photos

Nic

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is absolutely unacceptable,... and I hope that the customer service team sorts this out and supply a loan car whilst this realignment is done!

You would think someone would have noticed that going through the production,.. or even trained a sight assistance dog to bark when that went by.

Like a number of waiting owners due to be receiving thier 40, 50,60, and £70 + K cars in the next few weeks, I now find myself wondering what I'm going to get in terms of quality!!

And it's not like this is an unknown issue on the previous generation model,..I was lucky to have a straight car,..but I distinctly remember some of the photos of the bonnet / boot shut lines of the earlier cars 5 years ago!
And now the full length 2021 bonnet has eradicated the bonnet issue,.. you would think they could throw a greater effort in to making sure the boot lined up correctly?
Incidentally this is a new boot moulding as the lights and number plate recess have been re-styled also.

From what I understand the motors in each lifting and closing strut need to rotate at exactly the same speed, but if either are faster or slower the effect is obvious.
So to be fair, it may have left the factory perfect,.. but after a few O / C functions during a PDI check / pre delivery clean etc it could look like this.
Let's all hope this a one off rouge and gets sorted,.. rather than a sign of things to come.

Please keep us posted Nick 144,..

Regards,.. a more nervous JC

Ps get them to throw in a boot liner or some other accessory you wanted as a good will gesture👍.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I had mine the bonnet and the rear door was out they sorted it straight away can't believe they can leave the factory like this .
Op your was probably like this when you had it and didn't notice it , I was following a new valar the other day and the tailgate was a mile off . It's an easy fix for them to do why o why do they let them leave like this it should be picked up when the new car is pdi checked . Il make sure I check all gaps when mine arrives .
Complain to Jaguar direct tell them for this incoyou want the first service foc they will more than likely agree

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
You would have hoped after 4 to 5 years of people rejecting cars they would have learned how to fit panels and align them but clearly not, as mentioned before contact your dealer and get the to resolve.

Fingers crossed for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts