Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is about to have his third try at adjusting the tailgate so that is doesn't collide with and scuff the plastic cover just in front of the centre latch on closing. The corresponding cover over the catch on the tailgate itself is also scuffed. The bodyshop manager made doubtful noises until we inspected his own company F-Pace only to find the same thing happening in a more minor way on his car!
Has anyone else had this issue? Mine was delivered in June 16 so it's an early build.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes mine scuffs now. It may be I got some small stones and grit in there from the last holiday when I noticed it but also it had been in the "shop" for a while.

I've decided to leave it and not worry as it seems to be closing ok. Pics may help identify exactly what you mean.

I'll get mine later.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mine has it. Bought in May 2017. Also booked to go in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My XF is currently in Jaguar workshop having boot lock trim reattached (again) and boot seal replaced, plus repainting of boot due to ill fitting. Recall by Jaguar for this fault, my dealer says they are doing 15 a month!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i know this is an old thread, but my car is in garage with this same issue, just wanted to know if anyone has had a fix.

Car has been in twice in the past to have the boot realigned, its now in because of a major footwell leak and the garage has just called to ask if car has been in an accident as they think stones have caused scratches to boot catch !!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had this problem last year. I noticed that the boot had dropped out of alignment and this had caused the same scratching of the boot latch and scuff plate. Dealer tried adjusting the tailgate hinges but could not get the alignment right.
The solution ... believe it or not ... I full replacement tail gate!
Apparently the latch is an integral part of the whole tailgate assembly.
So 2 weeks driving around in a XF whilst they replaced the tailgate .. all done under warranty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer is about to have his third try at adjusting the tailgate so that is doesn't collide with and scuff the plastic cover just in front of the centre latch on closing. The corresponding cover over the catch on the tailgate itself is also scuffed. The bodyshop manager made doubtful noises until we inspected his own company F-Pace only to find the same thing happening in a more minor way on his car!
Has anyone else had this issue? Mine was delivered in June 16 so it's an early build.
Hi just a a note with reference to your mail, we are in the process of purchasing an F pace Jag, but we have the same problem as yourself where the boot closes it is scuffed quite deeply and makes a scraping noise when it closes.
The sales advisor said all the jags have this well known problem and there is nothing much that can be done.
Still thinking whether to continue with the purchase as not sure of rights regarding this.
Good luck to you
Joanie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi its 2022 and its still happening, we are just about to purchase an F pace Jag but it has the same problem of colluding badly with the plastic centre cover when closing the boot it makes a jarred sound that makes me thing the boot is un alined!!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
They don’t come out of the factory like that so clearly something has moved. I would look at a different car if they can’t guarantee fixing it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there I have the same issue and this has been off to be fixed with paint?
I’ve attached a picture of how it looks now and it’s going off again next month and I hope it’s not for 4 weeks again.
so many issues with this vehicle I don’t know where to start and JLR told me they would replace it and then told me they wouldn’t.
arrived 17th May 2021 brand new it’s been back to the retailer for just under 6 months of these 12 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts