Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to show close up of bonnet vents, no holes to make or drill, the grilles are solid on the back of the mesh so you don't see body colour grinning through. They are self adhesive and stick like 5hit to a blanket. £35 per pair, had them on my 5dr Evoque as only the 3 dr had them at the time, now all Evoques have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks, they look pretty good. You wouldn't know that they're dummy vents. Appreciate the images, including the earlier ones too.

Arianne

·
Registered
36 Posts
Think these look pretty good , do you know how durable they are , my concern is if they were to chip or lose appearance through washing and weathering they would damage the expensive paint job on the car if removal was required ?
My other concern would be me fitting them straight as I can't even stick my mobile phone screen protector on without a drama.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I take it the vents are easily removable, if you end up returning the car you'd like to keep them I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
GaryM said:
Think these look pretty good , do you know how durable they are , my concern is if they were to chip or lose appearance through washing and weathering they would damage the expensive paint job on the car if removal was required ?
My other concern would be me fitting them straight as I can't even stick my mobile phone screen protector on without a drama.
Make a paper template that lines up with one side of bonnet/hood and rear edge, once you've fixed one side lift template, turn it over and use on the other side... it should line up perfectly!

·
Registered
688 Posts
agree with JLR on this one... less is more for me in this car's case! thats why I also went for the drive chain badge removal as an option (not that I'm trying to hide the fact I have a lowly 2.0 :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
jinjin said:
agree with JLR on this one... less is more for me in this car's case! thats why I also went for the drive chain badge removal as an option (not that I'm trying to hide the fact I have a lowly 2.0 :mrgreen: )
Exciting day for you tomorrow jinjin!

·
Registered
688 Posts
indeed! Even though I'm driving it straight to the detailers at Brans Hatch.. (see if I can sneak onto the track!)

i'm picking it up un-prepared so hopefully the moment won't lose its shine (excuse the pun!). Detailers want 2 days with it, and I can't drop on Monday to they are getting it tomorrow and I get a branded smart car form them for the weekend! not how I expected to spend the first 2 days of ownership!

PS.. apologies for diverting this thread!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I considered the debadgingoption (partly because of going for the lowly 2.0d) but i thought it looks uneven with nothing there. Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think that looks pretty good too. Few would know whether it's the authentic R-sport badge or not. If I had a 2,0d Ingenium then I think I would have the 2.0 badge removed.

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Perhaps a few would think you are packing a V8 since that's what the R badge symbolises! I can't criticise. Mine's wearing a V8 registration having been on three R models in the past so I am potentially deceiving the uninitiated!

Of course we almost certainly won't see the R badge on an FP since it's been replaced with SVR.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Debadge and rebadge!! Mines 2.0!! Get dealer to supply you the R-Sport badges for free, mine did....I have lost 3.6mpg with the added weight of decals and false vents :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Regards the bonnet vents, had them on my 5dr Evoque (as only 3drs had them as std) for 2.5yrs, solid black plastic so no flaking of paint issues. Self adhesive, never lost adhesion, left them on when I sold it as they are only £31 for the pair. I think having had the Evoque with bonnet grilles I just felt the FP bonnet being even longer needed some relief. Just my view. I do agree that sometimes less is more. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I too am thinking of replacing the 20d with an R badge when I get my car.
How easy is it to remove the badge?

·
Registered
453 Posts
RSPORT27 said:
I too am thinking of replacing the 20d with an R badge when I get my car.
How easy is it to remove the badge?
Its Really easy get a kettle of nearly boiled water and poor it over the 2.0D badges dont worry if it flows over the AWD and get some dental floss under the edge of the badges and use a sawing action to cut through the adhesive comes of really easy. then just clean remainder of the adhesive with warm soapy water and a gentle rub.

The R Badge may not be the R Sport as some perfectionists on here say but it symbolises what the car is to my mind and looks more the part and gives a little individualism.

I got my badge of Ebay a Chinese seller but be carefull some on there selling a crappy plastic one thats a proper chrome metal badge, got one on my Grill too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shaunyt said:
formbyjules said:
I considered the debadgingoption (partly because of going for the lowly 2.0d) but i thought it looks uneven with nothing there. Anyone else agree?
I just removed the 2.0D badges left the AWD and mounted an R Sport badge above the AWD looks pretty good to me.
Tight arse!! That's not a Jag badge!! Tut tut!!! :shock:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts