Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car for the 3rd time to have the bonnet re aligned today took it to the dealers bodyshop when I was showing the manager it didn't look very much out of alignment , he agreed to sort and when he brought it back it was perfect.
I asked him if the bonnet could move and he said 100% no.
Arrived home and the bonnet was out of alignment again see pic below.
after a drive it was back aligned.
Anybody else having similar problems?
Car Plant Vehicle Grille Wheel
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Mine is out a fraction, hardly noticeable to be honest the detailer spotted it when he was prepping my car, the car is due to go back to the body shop beginning of september.... They must have to jig it or something. .... Its just been in work shop for 2 weeks having the SAT NAV Ariel replaced as the System didnt know where we were. On the plus side i got my brake calipers painted red and the rear blackish grey valance sprayed up the same colour as the car, looks pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Hi
Mine was perfect on collection from the factory, by the time I drove it home I noticed the following day it was out of line !!!!!
I looked under the bonnet and noticed it was not the actual bonnet that was out of line but the front body section. After checking I found the bolts holding it in position were not very tight, hence it had moved, as a result i re aligned it myself and tightened them up and been perfect since.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Fantastic!!! . . so you're saying it was the whole front section of the car that was out of whack, not tightened, loose, whatever? This just gets better and better. What are they doing on that production line? Who needs a 'spanner' when you've got a whole factory full of 'em? . . c'mon Jaguar this is really just too basic! :roll:

Thanks for that info ****. I'll bet that's why Trevor's alignment seems to come and go after driving too. So, where exactly do we find these nuts and bolts that 'we' need to check and most likely tighten?, somewhere down the front inside when the bonnet is lifted, are they obvious, easy to reach?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Took the car for the 3rd time to have the bonnet re aligned today took it to the dealers bodyshop when I was showing the manager it didn't look very much out of alignment , he agreed to sort and when he brought it back it was perfect.
I asked him if the bonnet could move and he said 100% no.
Arrived home and the bonnet was out of alignment again see pic below.
after a drive it was back aligned.
Anybody else having similar problems?
View attachment 1184
Hi Trevor

Looking at your headlamp wash unit I would say you might have a problem with the front bumper alignment. Perhaps this is exacerbating the issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Oh just read the other response that seems to corroborate this!

Brilliant Jag. Well done guys. Really?????

Seems incredible that the technician have been trying to align the bonnet to an out of align front section rather than the other way around! Genius.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Oh just read the other response that seems to corroborate this!

Brilliant Jag. Well done guys. Really?????

Seems incredible that the technician have been trying to align the bonnet to an out of align front section rather than the other way around! Genius.
I think I will be spending a lot of time on collection tomorrow doing a very detailed check over and Sunday checking bolts, battery terminals, tyre pressures etc...... :shock: :roll: :cry: this does smack of Jaguar trying to really push production numbers at the expense of quality....

It shows the value of this forum in informing us on what to look for.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
I measured mine and it's less than 0.5mm wider at the driver's side than the passenger's so hardly worth mentioning. Funny thing is I checked the wife's GTI and the brother's M5 and both are showing as big a variance so it's more than a Jaguar problem if a problem at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
The Gman said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Oh just read the other response that seems to corroborate this!

Brilliant Jag. Well done guys. Really?????

Seems incredible that the technician have been trying to align the bonnet to an out of align front section rather than the other way around! Genius.
I think I will be spending a lot of time on collection tomorrow doing a very detailed check over and Sunday checking bolts, battery terminals, tyre pressures etc...... :shock: :roll: :cry: this does smack of Jaguar trying to really push production numbers at the expense of quality....

It shows the value of this forum in informing us on what to look for.....
When spending £60k +/- say £10k. We should not be identifying these issues ourselves and having to carry out a PCI (Post Collection Inspection). If the dealer rate is £75 per hour for a 'technician'. Perhaps we should contra-charge the dealer if during our time doing our PCI we find anything wrong that: a) should have been correct upon leaving the factory, or b) has not been adjusted set or missed at dealer PDI?? Think I may propose this to my dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
FPTrevor said:
What i am wondering is when it leaves the factory is it allright but then moves in transit.
They are supposed to be built and finished in the factory, we aren't buying a flat pack pushbike for final assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Hi
Just taken this picture to try to show
It's the row of black bolts holding the front section on think there are 7 in total these allow the front section to be aligned as the holes are slightly slotted.
Hope this helps
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
That photo is super-helpful, thanks for posting it ****, very clear. So I would guess you had to ease-off quite a few of the bolts in order to push the front section into proper alignment before tightening them all up properly?

Well, very disappointing that it's another basic thing that the Jag factory and Dealers seem to be forgetting about, but it's definitely useful for us to know about . . another one to add to the list of our 'PDCI' items (Post-Delivery Customer Inspection!)

Let's all just hope they are tightening all the important nuts, bolts and connections in the engine and other parts of the cars that we can't see quite so easily!! - looks like those night-school car maintenance classes I did about twenty-five years ago might come in useful again yet, although I thought I was past all that at this stage of the game! Maybe we should all club together and write our own "User's guide to owning and living with a Jaguar" :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Shame we are all over the country would be good to meet up and have a moan lol
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Shame we are all over the country would be good to meet up and have a moan lol
:lol: . . but we'd be a pretty miserable shabby-looking bunch tho', wouldn't we!
. . not sure I could take that on top of everything else that's going on in the world :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
When spending £60k +/- say £10k. We should not be identifying these issues ourselves and having to carry out a PCI (Post Collection Inspection). If the dealer rate is £75 per hour for a 'technician'. Perhaps we should contra-charge the dealer if during our time doing our PCI we find anything wrong that: a) should have been correct upon leaving the factory, or b) has not been adjusted set or missed at dealer PDI?? Think I may propose this to my dealer?
I curious as to what your profession is because it does sound like there is a zero tolerance for anything going wrong. I've just had a rather expensive kitchen fitted to the house and three of it's doors are ever so slightly out of alignment compared to the rest, the guys will be back in a week or so to fitted the walk in wardrobe at which point I'll say to them.... maybe I'm just an easy going type of a guy. :D

I can't recall not owning a new car regardless of brand that hasn't needed something tweaked, fixed or replaced... shit happens I say but it's how this is dealt with which is the lasting impression and the one that either have you coming to buy again or run a mile the other way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
The quality acronym is Just About Good Usually Awful Reliability = JAGUAR (ok so there should be a comma in there somewhere). Jaguar still misunderstand that the tens of thousands of little problems and niggles are more harmful to them than an occasional engine blowing up! If there was a random one-off big issue and it was handled quickly and efficiently because it was obvious and limited, they probably would get better reviews because (a) less people are affected and (b) the unfortunate person with the issue, could respond positively that it was fixed or replaced quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
The quality acronym is Just About Good Usually Awful Reliability = JAGUAR (ok so there should be a comma in there somewhere). Jaguar still misunderstand that the tens of thousands of little problems and niggles are more harmful to them than an occasional engine blowing up! If there was a random one-off big issue and it was handled quickly and efficiently because it was obvious and limited, they probably would get better reviews because (a) less people are affected and (b) the unfortunate person with the issue, could respond positively that it was fixed or replaced quickly.
Not a bad customer satisfaction rating

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2014-uk-vehicle-ownership-satisfaction-study-voss
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2013-jd-power-customer-satisfaction-survey-full-car-model-results

And not too shabby when it comes to reliability either

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/list/uk%E2%80%99s-ten-most-reliable-cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
catwoman said:
Mick1963 said:
Shame we are all over the country would be good to meet up and have a moan lol
:lol: . . but we'd be a pretty miserable shabby-looking bunch tho', wouldn't we!
. . not sure I could take that on top of everything else that's going on in the world :shock:
We could all bring spanners and align front ends :lol: save jaguar PDI guy time so he could have a longer tea break
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top