Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan,

Further to comments made by various forum members over the last few weeks since cars started appearing in Dealer showrooms, can you please confirm whether the Jaguar Quality Control process is already onto (and addressing) the issue of the bonnet closing-line misalignment where it meets the front nose panel of the car. It is noticeable that the gap widens across the front of the car, appearing 'normal' on the near-side, but running wider across the front towards the off-side. It looks noticeably 'wrong' above the off-side headlight unit and spoils the appearance of an otherwise faultless finish on the cars that I have personally seen at Dealerships.

I wouldn't want to have to point this fault out to my Dealer when my own car is delivered to them in a few weeks time and I would much prefer the issue to be rectified before the car leaves the manufacturing plant.

I would appreciate your reassurance on this matter.

Many thanks.

G

·
Hello

Just to second this, I would like to know as well

As no way will I be accepting my F Pace if I have this issue !

thanks for the help

·
Registered
51 Posts
There seems to be quite a few cars coming through with this problem quite worrying :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Evoques all had this issue with their boot lines in their first model year. It was a quick realignment fix by the dealer and took under 30min. Should be similar here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Surely this is something that should be sorted at the end of production by an inspector :eek:
And not left till it gets to the dealership :shock:
Or the customer to notice

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tim1 said:
Surely this is something that should be sorted at the end of production by an inspector :eek:
And not left till it gets to the dealership :shock:
Or the customer to notice
It should be sorted in the factory after the build completed during Quality Assurance checks, and if missed thats what PDIs are all about.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

I note the comments made and can advise that we are not aware of the concern in question, however I can assure you that should any concerns be identified at the point of manufacture, we would expect them to be remedied prior to the vehicle leaving our factory as part of the Quality Control process.

Additionally, should a concern be identified as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection completed by the retailer, this can be addressed at that point also.

Both of these quality checks are in place to identify and pinpoint any vehicle concerns before the point of customer handover to ensure that vehicles are not reaching customers in a poor condition.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So let's be clear then. It should have been picked up as an issue before leaving the factory. Failing that, the dealer should have corrected it as part of their PDI.

Ryan, this issue has been highlighted by several F-Pace owners who have taken delivery. Something is not working properly down in Solihull and at the dealers. So can you take this on board, accept the constructive feedback and confirm that this has been passed on to the right people at Jaguar? That's all we want to hear from you. We already know what should happen (all manufacturers and dealers have the policy you outlined in your post). We are flagging that, in Jaguar's case, it isn't actually happening. Client feedback via forum such as this is one of the most valuable means for companies crowd-sourcing quality assurance feedback and data for product development.

The folk on this forum are not average car owners. We are atypical. We're hooked up, engaged and ready to work with Jauguar in a constructive way. But it's a two way process and we need more from you than a post which sounds like it's been approved by the Corporate Communications team before you're allowed to issue it. These things can be a rich vein of data for you guys but also a bad platform for adverse PR when it starts to go wrong. Jaguar have invested £m and each of us, relatively speaking, are investing the same proportion of our disposable assets.

To conclude, it took me all of 30secs to spot Trevor's misaligned bonnet shut lines in his photograph even before I read through his text. How on earth this slipped through the QA process at both the factory and Stratstone dealership is unforgivable. And it's not an isolated occurrence.

All of us look forward to reading a post from you that Ryan wrote rather than the standard corporate stuff. Sorry if this seems harsh but, in your very first post to the community, you said you were here for us and we believe you. I am a senior manager in business too and we want some plain, simple responses to the points we raise.

Thanks for reading my post. Have a lovely evening if you're still at work.

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, thanks for your response Ryan, but that's rather disappointing, to be absolutely honest!

I've seen this issue with my own eyes, on several showroom display cars in recent weeks, and our fellow forum member, FPTrevor, has just taken delivery of his vehicle suffering from the same problem only yesterday.

To my fellow forum members, I don't know how everyone else feels about Ryan's response to my enquiry regarding the bonnet misalignment issue, but I don't find his answer to be at all reassuring. Not even slightly!

That answer seems to be a very carefully-worded official 'brush off', made in the hope that it will just magically make the problem go away. Unfortunately I don't think your answer is sufficient to make the problem go away. So, the official Jaguar position may be that they are "not aware of the concern in question". Well, despite all their super-accurate panel alignment laser technology which they have at their disposal, they should be! It makes it seem like they are reluctant to acknowledge the issue as a production-line problem and simply expect the Dealers to sort it out when we, the customers, kick up a fuss when we collect. This is very disappointing and not what I would have expected of a quality brand.

So, my friends, it looks like it's a simple case of 'Buyer Beware!'

It's up to those of us who are expecting our cars to be delivered over the coming weeks to watch for this issue and refuse to accept our car if the problem is present and persists. That'll be the only way to make them take notice and correct it, apparently. It shouldn't be forgotten that every 'niggle' which requires a return visit to the Dealership to leave the car with them for a half-day or more, will inevitably lead to customer disatisfaction with the 'brand', which could ultimatley be very bad for a corporate's reputation.

Ryan, I implore you to take a proper, deeper look at this issue and act pre-emptively to resolve it, rather than risk accumulating bad customer feelings.

(Thanks for supplying the photo above, FPTrevor, which illustrates the issue perfectly!)

G

·
Hi all

I note the comments made and can advise that we are not aware of the concern in question, however I can assure you that should any concerns be identified at the point of manufacture, we would expect them to be remedied prior to the vehicle leaving our factory as part of the Quality Control process.

Additionally, should a concern be identified as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection completed by the retailer, this can be addressed at that point also.

Both of these quality checks are in place to identify and pinpoint any vehicle concerns before the point of customer handover to ensure that vehicles are not reaching customers in a poor condition.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ryan
Ryan .. look look .... just look at the photos ! if this your idea that Jaguar does not have a problem I will be canceling my order ! its just like the Evoque all over again that now has poor QA that has breached over to the Jaguar branch.

You have a great design please don't cock it all up with a defect like this

You do have quality issues as these photos 100% show this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly, I don't think Ryan has been empowered by JLR to do anything but monitor this forum. I do not recall any of his responses that weren't simply polite acknowledgements of the post with zero follow up. He is surely in an odd spot here and I would not rely on his ability to escalate anything.

·
Registered
458 Posts
RVAbuyer said:
Honestly, I don't think Ryan has been empowered by JLR to do anything but monitor this forum. I do not recall any of his responses that weren't simply polite acknowledgements of the post with zero follow up. He is surely in an odd spot here and I would not rely on his ability to escalate anything.
I disagree - not that he is primarily here to smooth the waves, but more importantly to keep an ear to the ground for any and all types of info that the brand need to keep abreast of. If there is a quality.issue or percieved quality issue that could damage the brand at what is a key stage for them it needs to be looked into and hopefully nipped in the bud.
They are clearly struggling with the way that info comes out (or rather doesn't come out) through their dealer network, so they just keep repeating that the system is the system, and the dealers are independent of JLR; but if it is a build issue at source then it should be a couple of internal phone calls to see if it is a real issue or not for production cars. IMHO!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all

I note the comments made and can advise that we are not aware of the concern in question, however, I can assure you that should any concerns be identified at the point of manufacture, we would expect them to be remedied prior to the vehicle leaving our factory as part of the Quality Control process.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ryan
Thanks for acknowledging receipt of the post. It's pretty clear the vehicle in the picture (thanks for posting) missed the quality assurance checks on both ends and it does not sound like it is isolated as this issue was flagged when the F-Pace was touring the various dealerships. I will be watching this thread very keenly to see how this matter is addressed since you are now aware of the concern in question. This is very important to me especially since I am new to the JLR brand. The corporate response should be followed up with some actions steps in my opinion. Close observer. Regards, Zane

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stratstone had promised to be in touch today for me to call in to have the problem rectified, NO CALL
If I don't hear from them tmrw I will go ballistic and tell them unless solved I want a replacement car.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Trevor, let me tell you why I would be livid and why I would have told the dealer that I wouldn't be accepting delivery until it was first fixed...

The first thing that happens when most folk get a new car, especially one as 'new out of the box' as the F-Pace, is that people look at it and comment upon it. This is part of the new car ownership experience and most new owners quite like that experience.

For me, that uneven shut line is like having a gravy stain on a tie that needs to be worn all day long, all folk notice is the stain rather than the shirt or suit. The first few days of ownership are unique and cannot be repeated. It's memorable - hopefully for all of the right reasons.

Stratstone should know this. Taking delivery is an event and they threw an event with that slow reveal experience in the showroom. Which means that they also should understand that their awful PDI routine has fouled up the once in the car ownership experience.

You should be tough with them, it is completely unacceptable. Do not doubt yourself on this one, you have every right to be dissatisfied and they should understand that. They should give you a fancy loan car for a few days until they resolve it and a big apology.

I feel for you, really I do.

Arianne

PS. but nice car though!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good God Trevor I can't believe that you haven't been called.

On another thread, someone described the attitude of Jaguar dealers if I recall correctly as "at best strange". You can say that again.

If I'm told I'm going to be called, I expect a call.

I have come to the conclusion that although we are spending £35 - £65K of our hard earned cash on a car - a lot of money whoever you are, the dealers are getting what? £2000? (does anyone know?) so for them, it ain't really that much of a deal, hence I believe, the laissez-faire attitude.

My present car is a second hand Citroen C3 (long story) bought from Autoworld. At the time of purchase the rep could not have been more polite and attentive if he'd tried.

What is it with "posh" car dealers - I've had this attitude before at Porsche and Audi (local landrover dealer much better).

1 - 20 of 64 Posts