Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited Stratstone Newcastle this morning for 40 mins and the issue was sorted looks great.

They also tweaked one of my doors that was slightly out of line.

One other problem is the silver bars in the front air intake have a rough edge they have ordered two new ones .

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So now you can truly begin to enjoy owning your fabulous car. I am happy for you. Guilotine the past and move on. Best wishes, Arianne.

G

·
FPTrevor said:
Visited Stratstone Newcastle this morning for 40 mins and the issue was sorted looks great.

They also tweaked one of my doors that was slightly out of line.

One other problem is the silver bars in the front air intake have a rough edge they have ordered two new ones .
well done very pleased for you ... but that is 3 quality issues above the dealer fixed for you !

they should have done that on their pre delivery checks before they gave the car to you ... so ask for some compensation !

·
Registered
208 Posts
Let's be honest. The PDI will never pick up all quality issues. Why? Because it is not done by fanatical owners. What may look totally acceptable to a dealer (and 80% of buyers) may be a major issue for those of us who are super detail focused and pouring over every inch of the car with a fine tooth comb because we just handed over 6 months' salary to get it. Remember, those of us who take the time to join the forum and discuss our cars endlessly, are NOT the majority of owners. We are a special subset for whom our vehicles are s true passion. But we can't fool ourselves that and car dealer or manufacturer's process are built around us, as we count for a relatively small percentage of their overall owners.

G

·
YVR_Pacer said:
Let's be honest. The PDI will never pick up all quality issues. Why? Because it is not done by fanatical owners. What may look totally acceptable to a dealer (and 80% of buyers) may be a major issue for those of us who are super detail focused and pouring over every inch of the car with a fine tooth comb because we just handed over 6 months' salary to get it. Remember, those of us who take the time to join the forum and discuss our cars endlessly, are NOT the majority of owners. We are a special subset for whom our vehicles are s true passion. But we can't fool ourselves that and car dealer or manufacturer's process are built around us, as we count for a relatively small percentage of their overall owners.
Hello I do agree with you .. but let's be honest it seems to be a very quick fix to rectify the issues

which does beg the question why on earth did the factory not pick this up .... Evoque all over again :(

·
Banned
444 Posts
I took my F-Pace to my trusted body shop this very morning, they aligned the front section in 10 minutes, simply by easing of the top bolts and adjusting.

They commented that it happens with all brands, Mercedes being the worst offender, the factory just slap them on without much care.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My Evoque was one of the first off the line and now almost 5 years old it's been almost 100% reliable.

I say almost because it's had dodgy parking sensors since day 1 resulting in the self park only working 50% of the time. After going back to be looked at 4 or 5 times over the first 18 months I gave up as I have only ever used the self park to impress friends and scare my niece :)

Still, I hope for better from the F-Pace, but I've never owned a car for 5 years so that speaks volumes about Evoque ownership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts