Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i am a great fan of the original CX17 which became our Fpace.

But one thing i loved on the CX17 over the Fpace i have is the rear bumper, think they missed a massive statement if they kept the CX17 rear bumper.

So i know you may say i am crazy thinking about it but does anyone know anybody or a company that may be interested in manufacturing the CX17 rear bumper, yes your going to shout money and your mad but i feel i need to look at this avenue.

So please if you know anyone PM me.

Thanks.

View attachment 2135

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's not just the bumper though. You'd need to either re-feed the exhaust layout or. Redesign the bumper to match.
It would also need reflectors built in to it. Unless those red air exhaust surrounds were made reflective.

I agree though that Jaguar may release a closer styled bumper on a V8 version and that might be your cheapest and best option - waiting for that part to become available and seeing if it could be made to fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think your see a V8 SVR version more like a tuned V6 3 Litre Petrol.

As said want to explore this option.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I agree that they missed a trick with this too .. Possbly in order to give it the cohesive look of the XE XF range of rears.
They may do this for the v8 / straight 6 itanium twin / triple turbo SVR variant, but I don't think they will based on previous offerings.
You could have a low volume mould made.... However this will still be very expensive, and additionally the amount of work needed to measure in 3 d the mating profile on the car new exhausts etc.
What happens if you smack it (insurance wise) etc!!!
I did notice the other day that someone had supplied and fitted a so called SVR kit on an EVOQUE..... All black, it was up for sale on auto trader...4 exhausts and everything .... Looked quite good to be fair. Maybe worth trying to see who supplied that kit..... Maybe they are possibly going to do it for F pace if the demand was there?

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jags cat said:
I agree that they missed a trick with this too .. Possbly in order to give it the cohesive look of the XE XF range of rears.
They may do this for the v8 / straight 6 itanium twin / triple turbo SVR variant, but I don't think they will based on previous offerings.
You could have a low volume mould made.... However this will still be very expensive, and additionally the amount of work needed to measure in 3 d the mating profile on the car new exhausts etc.
What happens if you smack it (insurance wise) etc!!!
I did notice the other day that someone had supplied and fitted a so called SVR kit on an EVOQUE..... All black, it was up for sale on auto trader...4 exhausts and everything .... Looked quite good to be fair. Maybe worth trying to see who supplied that kit..... Maybe they are possibly going to do it for F pace if the demand was there?
OK thanks, if you see the Autotrader one again post me a link please, going to have a look.

·
Registered
922 Posts
So it's a kit from paramount,or a knock off copy on eBay!!! Still if money is NO object then the 2016/ 17 lumma design F pace looks stunning with the teeth shattering 24" wheels :lol: .... And if money really is NO object can you pay for mine to be done to..... ;) Cheers ..... :shock: I don't care what they say about you I think your ok !!! :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Studying a side by side image of the CX17 and the Fpace rear bumper i think it could be possible to adapt a standard bumper into the CX17 bumper, just need to see if a second hand rear bumper is out there yet.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Despite my best efforts i can not at present find a second hand rear bumper which to be honest i am not surprised.

If anyone out there see's one listed please PM me.

Thanks People.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May have had some luck, i spoke to a custom build car company who may be able to assist, i may get a deal also as they want to make a body-kit and have offered to template off my car in return i will get the rear bumper done for a very special price.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
May have had some luck, i spoke to a custom build car company who may be able to assist, i may get a deal also as they want to make a body-kit and have offered to template off my car in return i will get the rear bumper done for a very special price.

Fingers crossed.
Sounds good!! Be interested to know/ see once you have something firm. I find the rear bumper the weakest visual part of the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Fingers crossed.
Sounds good!! Be interested to know/ see once you have something firm. I find the rear bumper the weakest visual part of the car.
Me too, i have my fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like the look and stance of the car, like the fact the huge gap above the wheels is lost.

Wonder what the kit costs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts