Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a post to see if anyone else noticed :
Whilst washing mine for the first time the other day, mainly to check bodywork / paint etc.

I couldn't help notice how thin and flexing all the body panels are, I can easily see how noise coming from these whilst driving due to to body movement / flexing may occur.

It's noticeable on the bonnet whilst driving over potholes too.
Also noticed the chrome decals on the tailgate must have been stuck on with a chewing gum like substance as they move when slightest pressure applied ie wash leather.
Hope they stay attached ??
We need to keep listing any other issues as they arise and keep on top of them

·
Registered
948 Posts
Glue is amazing stuff...... not to worry you but the next time you are in the air look out the window at the wing because that too is glued on. ;)

Also I'm not sure surface flexing from panels transfer into noise in the cabin, if you feel your F-Pace sounds noisy is more likely to be its lack of tyre noise compared to other brands, I noticed this with my first Jag and more recently the RRSport which allows other noises normally masked to now be heard.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
luminated said:
Glue is amazing stuff...... not to worry you but the next time you are in the air look out the window at the wing because that too is glued on. ;)

Also I'm not sure surface flexing from panels transfer into noise in the cabin, if you feel your F-Pace sounds noisy is more likely to be its lack of tyre noise compared to other brands, I noticed this with my first Jag and more recently the RRSport which allows other noises normally masked to now be heard.
That's why we have the 825W Meridian right Luminated?

"Hello? What? Sorry can't hear you!" :lol: :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts