Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding the phone connectivity flaky. For 2 days it wouldn't connect at all via Bluetooth. Now it has connected I find that sometimes it drops calls. Today in an area with full reception it dropped the call 4 times. The person on the other end was in a full reception area and wasn't moving! Anyone else experience this?

With the music, sometimes it connects and other times it doesn't! Very intermittent!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'd certainly use your USB cable for music. I've not had a call drop yet and it's been ok so can't comment but probably only taken about 15-20 calls.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yes I had issues connecting music via Bluetooth. No problems with cable (which is far better sound quality). I try not to take or make calls whilst driving so they are very short and no problems so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

On a long drive back from Cornwall to Hampshire I used my iPhone to play music via Bluetooth. Occasionally the Bluetooth would drop and suddenly (horror of horrors) Elaine Page's Radio 2 Show would suddenly start playing. I would then find that my iPhone was no longer visible for a little while. Not sure if I will need counselling after having Pink Floyd interrupted by songs from Les Mis.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
wislonp said:
Hi

On a long drive back from Cornwall to Hampshire I used my iPhone to play music via Bluetooth. Occasionally the Bluetooth would drop and suddenly (horror of horrors) Elaine Page's Radio 2 Show would suddenly start playing. I would then find that my iPhone was no longer visible for a little while. Not sure if I will need counselling after having Pink Floyd interrupted by songs from Les Mis.
Serves you right for streaming from an Iphone using Bluetooth!

Seriously though .. Apple does not support Bluetooth AptX as they want to force everyone to use Airplay. That means those of us with an IPhone can't enjoy decent sound from our phones over Bluetooth in the same way our Android friends can. The original Bluetooth standard was never designed to steam music. It has terrible resolution support. If you are only listening to poor quality mp3 then maybe you don't care .. but if you are streaming lossless formats such as AAC lossless then you're simply listening to a compressed version because Bluetooth can't handle it.

Plug in a cable and hear the difference. It's huge... I promise. If you can't hear the difference get your hearing checked ;) ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just spoken to the dealer and he assures me the Bluetooth issue is mainly with Samsung phones... that was right after asking me what phone I had and I replied Samsung!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
wislonp said:
Hi

Seriously though .. Apple does not support Bluetooth AptX as they want to force everyone to use Airplay. That means those of us with an IPhone can't enjoy decent sound from our phones over Bluetooth in the same way our Android friends can. The original Bluetooth standard was never designed to steam music. It has terrible resolution support. If you are only listening to poor quality mp3 then maybe you don't care .. but if you are streaming lossless formats such as AAC lossless then you're simply listening to a compressed version because Bluetooth can't handle it.

Plug in a cable and hear the difference. It's huge... I promise. If you can't hear the difference get your hearing checked ;) ;)
If I drag and drop all my iTunes music on to memory stick then will the quality be good?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
JLRnumber5 said:
wislonp said:
Hi

If I drag and drop all my iTunes music on to memory stick then will the quality be good?
As long as the source file is high resolution, then yes! The Meridian system accepts most file formats so I would choose a lossless one (FLAC, WAV, ALAC (apple lossless) if I were you. The Meridian system really does reward you when you choose a high resolution encode.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't use Mac or iTunes and frankly like my car to have no music, but SWMBO says we need music in car. Her iPod is dying, random times just doesn't work. I bought Samsung 128Gbyte as above (received it yesterday) and now need to move music from iTunes to this. So numpty questions, would anyone help please?
1. Do I format the chip on the Mac?
2. I saw before that I drag/drop tracks across, or is this albums or can I do both?
3. What about playlists?
4. How do I control the destination format?
5. when plugged in will it appear as a media source?
6. The BIG question - is this one of the known ICTPro bugs or should this work on most, in other words will I be faffing around for hours in the car to get this to work? :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I don't use Mac or iTunes and frankly like my car to have no music, but SWMBO says we need music in car. Her iPod is dying, random times just doesn't work. I bought Samsung 128Gbyte as above (received it yesterday) and now need to move music from iTunes to this. So numpty questions, would anyone help please?
1. Do I format the chip on the Mac?
2. I saw before that I drag/drop tracks across, or is this albums or can I do both?
3. What about playlists?
4. How do I control the destination format?
5. when plugged in will it appear as a media source?
6. The BIG question - is this one of the known ICTPro bugs or should this work on most, in other words will I be faffing around for hours in the car to get this to work? :)
plug into usb on mac and drab and drop, you can select an artist if you have several albums and they will transfer, if you do have an artist with multiple albums but you only want certain tracks, just drag and drop those... i

plugged in my 64gb stick at the weekend on the USB ports under the armrest, yes ITCP saw it as a media source, yes it had artist listed by name and I then could scroll down the tracks to find what I wanted, I let my mac determine the source type apple 4 from memory, all worked perfectly on Saturday and Sunday, sound quality was amazing, I have stood down my home hifi as I have 6 x sonos units and use that to connect to my media server, Spotify, apple music etc sound quality is pretty good but sonos wont play high end (sadly). The meridian 825w was excellent, the sound stage perfect and the definition was also great.

However ITCP gremlins struck on my drive to the station on Monday, initially skipping through certain albums tracks at warp speed with no sound but the tracks scrolling down in fractions of a second on the ITCP screen, it did play certain albums so I questioned whether it was a ripping error but then it happened on every artist so I have assumed its an ITCP issue. tried turning off and restarting the car three times in different traffic light queues to no avail.

I will be reunited with car this evening so will see if it is one of those annoying ITCP "happens once in a blue moon" errors or whether it is shot until s/w upgrade....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Gman said:
However ITCP gremlins struck on my drive to the station on Monday, initially skipping through certain albums tracks at warp speed with no sound but the tracks scrolling down in fractions of a second on the ITCP screen, it did play certain albums so I questioned whether it was a ripping error but then it happened on every artist so I have assumed its an ITCP issue. tried turning off and restarting the car three times in different traffic light queues to no avail.

I will be reunited with car this evening so will see if it is one of those annoying ITCP "happens once in a blue moon" errors or whether it is shot until s/w upgrade....
Thanks for the steps, I shall follow them asap (tomorrow earliest I suspect!). As for ICTPro... good luck with your! I'll let you know what happens with mine. So far only issues I have with ICTPro are that it won't copy CD, it cuts 3G at random (turns off not loses signal) and sometimes the audio starts on its own! I think mine may be infected with ghost ware rather than fault ware!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Thanks for the steps, I shall follow them asap (tomorrow earliest I suspect!). As for ICTPro... good luck with your! I'll let you know what happens with mine. So far only issues I have with ICTPro are that it won't copy CD, it cuts 3G at random (turns off not loses signal) and sometimes the audio starts on its own! I think mine may be infected with ghost ware rather than fault ware!
Pah! That's almost fully functional .. quit yer bitchin' :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not bitchin' gloating perhaps? No really I consider my car to be almost as designed, with standard Jaguar niggles rather than serious Jaguar problems.
Doesn't mean I can't complain to dealer though, they really are useless!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Tried a quick test and it worked perfectly! Thank you. Seems the iPod was only 80Gb full so now we have 40Gb to fill up... more noise !!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts