Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a question for those who have received their cars (lucky [email protected]).
If you spec'd black wheels did you get black wheel nuts?
Every picture I've seen shows chrome nuts on black wheels.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well the black helix 22" are not black as the venom are, they are more a Dark Matt Storm Grey with black gloss inserts!! So what should they have?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my mind the gloss black wheels such as the venoms I have spec'd should have black nuts. Even the helix you showed would benefit from them.
But then again, I suppose thinking about it, there is the issue of the black finish being stripped by air guns in the workshop?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Personal choice again..... :? Don't like the gloss finish on the other Alloys, and because the FPace is such an in ya face car as its new I just feel the 22" Helix shout "WAH!!!" :D :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get me thinking about the 20" vs 22" wheel decision again. :roll: Been switching back and forth since I put down deposit in May. In the end the extra £1,200 on purchase price and cost for replacements led me to 20". But then again the 22" do look the business :? Decisions, decisions!!
Lock down is Tuesday ... But dealer suggested tomorrow should be last changes!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Penfold23 said:
Don't get me thinking about the 20" vs 22" wheel decision again. :roll: Been switching back and forth since I put down deposit in May. In the end the extra £1,200 on purchase price and cost for replacements led me to 20". But then again the 22" do look the business :? Decisions, decisions!!
Lock down is Tuesday ... But dealer suggested tomorrow should be last changes!
PMSL!!! :lol: :lol: it's so tough trying to balance needs, must and wish list!!! I finally added upgraded brakes but will get calliper a painted post delivery. My lock in is Tuesday too but did it yesterday!! :mrgreen: :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bonkers said:
Ok course you can always spec black wheel nuts if you want them. Just another £262 of course :lol:
I'll wait til it's at the dealers and see what I can persuade them to do. But won't hold my breath on that one!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Is it only me, I surely can't be the only one who thinks it's pretty poor that Jag don't supply locking wheel nuts as standard? Can't see a locking nut on that black helix pic. Someone please tell me I'm wrong about this! All the cheaper cars I've had in the last twenty years or so have come with them as standard. When I noticed the price on the configurator options I thought I must have got it wrong or there must be a mistake . . so what gives, is this normal practice at this end of the market? Anyone enlighten me? :?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
catwoman said:
Is it only me, I surely can't be the only one who thinks it's pretty poor that Jag don't supply locking wheel nuts as standard? Can't see a locking nut on that black helix pic. Someone please tell me I'm wrong about this! All the cheaper cars I've had in the last twenty years or so have come with them as standard. When I noticed the price on the configurator options I thought I must have got it wrong or there must be a mistake . . so what gives, is this normal practice at this end of the market? Anyone enlighten me? :?
I had the same question but dealer assured me locking wheel nuts come as standard, and they are listed on my order confirmation.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, can confirm my car has locking wheel nuts!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I quizzed my dealer on that he said single locking nut as standard, but since a lot of the wheels are becoming very expensive particularly with the 22" tyres the option was for all wheel nuts to lock, rather than just one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Locking wheel nuts don't tend to get used in press and promo shots etc as they look ugly compared to the other nuts apparently according to a PR guy for a car dealership I know...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi catwoman Locking wheel nuts are an option at a truly exorbitant price most other premium manufacturers supply them as standard
fitments and by making them an option at these prices just degenerates their image as penny pinching. Who sets these ludicrous prices
such as these eventually they will wake up when these items are sold on Ebay . How to shoot yourself in the foot by not fitting as standard
at the very least on the higher specification models. Once these types of items start to be available elsewhere I know where I will be buying
provided they are of European manufacture

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
macview19 said:
Hi catwoman Locking wheel nuts are an option at a truly exorbitant price most other premium manufacturers supply them as standard
fitments and by making them an option at these prices just degenerates their image as penny pinching. Who sets these ludicrous prices
such as these eventually they will wake up when these items are sold on Ebay . How to shoot yourself in the foot by not fitting as standard
at the very least on the higher specification models. Once these types of items start to be available elsewhere I know where I will be buying
provided they are of European manufacture[/quote

Macview19 - have you not read the replies?? Locking nuts ARE standard for a single nut per wheel. The option is to have ALL nuts locking, which had a significant cost.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts