Votes: 40 47.1%
  • <t>Undecided</t>

Votes: 1 1.2%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not, but interested to see how many are spec'ing the Black Pack and on which colours (Gloss Black radiator grille with Gloss Black surround, Body-coloured door claddings with Gloss Black finishers, Gloss Black side power vents, Gloss Black rear valance).

Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think it depends of the colour of the car, if one doesn't go for stealth look.
With light colour ill think it stands out nice, I am not sure what I have gone for if I had orderer a dark coloured car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have gone for black pack on ammonite grey, only thing I am again not over happy about... is that on R sport the rear valance is factory standard grey plastic where on the S they black gloss the rear balance too, come on jag it's only a bit of extra paint!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mb8388 said:
I gone for it with glacier white and black helix alloys. I like the contrast and think it looks better than chrome IMHO
Agreed, on a lighter colour the black pack sets it off well. I'm interested to know if you'd spec it on a darker colour?

In my case I'm ordering Dark Sapphire and quite like the chrome contrast. If I spec'd black pack I would be effectively covering up some of the body items unique to the S. That said, no black pack means no gloss grille and the standard one is a let down in comparison.

Spec'ing just the gloss grille element isn't the answer for me - it comes with the black gloss grille surround which would look strange against the standard chrome surround on the vents below and at £400 might as well spec the whole pack.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Glazier white with black 22" so is goes without saying I've added the black pack.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Grey with black pack gives it a moody look, dark sapphire looks best with the chrome trim, but that's only my opinion, the black side vents on FE work because the blue used is much lighter and vivid.

·
Registered
203 Posts
PaulC said:
Agreed, on a lighter colour the black pack sets it off well. I'm interested to know if you'd spec it on a darker colour?

In my case I'm ordering Dark Sapphire and quite like the chrome contrast. If I spec'd black pack I would be effectively covering up some of the body items unique to the S. That said, no black pack means no gloss grille and the standard one is a let down in comparison.

Spec'ing just the gloss grille element isn't the answer for me - it comes with the black gloss grille surround which would look strange against the standard chrome surround on the vents below and at £400 might as well spec the whole pack.
Personally I think the black pack is lost on Dark Sapphire Blue but I can see how it adds to a stealth look with black or ammonite

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really don't get this preference/obsession with Black - especially Black everything. Why specify a car that is hard to see in the dark/poor light and shows up dirt so easily (although not as much as White.......) But at least you can see a White car in poor light.

Personally, Italian Racing Red. Can you have a Red Pack?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glacier White and 22" Black wheels - Black Pack a definite YES :) .....

If I were to spec a dark colour then I'd definitely stay with the chrome, however agree that the non-gloss grill does not look that great (and expect that with age it will look worse). So I would upon delivery take car straight to local paint-shop and get the grill 'glossed' - Expect would cost no more than £100.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've gone black only because in the builder the chrome and plastic bits look really cheap and nasty. The chrome maybe not so much.That big rear grey plastic on the back looks like something off my 3yos toy cars or a Citroen

Probably looks better in real life but on the configuration I think it looks terrible

I've gone ultimate black paint as well with privacy and black wheels so will be very drug dealer but just think it's best option

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jacksoag said:
Really don't get this preference/obsession with Black - especially Black everything. Why specify a car that is hard to see in the dark/poor light and shows up dirt so easily (although not as much as White.......) But at least you can see a White car in poor light.

In my experience black cars looks dirty much more quickly than white ones!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jacksoag said:

Just came across this thread and the post above - I had to laugh - Jacksoag, you're really going to hate my choice of spec!!!.... :lol:

All comments regarding showing dirt and dust are completely correct. However, nothing looks better when clean and shiny, something which I ensure my cars look most of the time through a weekly clean and a quick detail!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
mik said:
Mrs mik did something very similar.

How can you moan about all-black when you chose red? I mean.... red? :?

;)
Correction - my wife chose red. I concurred as it is the best colour and only needs washing every 2-3 months once detailed 😀

·
Registered
247 Posts
Matteus F-Pace said:
Jacksoag said:

Just came across this thread and the post above - I had to laugh - Jacksoag, you're really going to hate my choice of spec!!!.... :lol:

All comments regarding showing dirt and dust are completely correct. However, nothing looks better when clean and shiny, something which I ensure my cars look most of the time through a weekly clean and a quick detail!!
Glad you laughed - that was a year ago and I'm still of the same opinion as a real world colour.

·
Registered
247 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I've just driven up the M40 and A46 very close to Jaguar and saw around 15-20 F Paces in the space of 30 minutes. At least 10 were IRR!
Must have made your day!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I get the choice of black pack for those cars without the S specification satin trim. It's main attraction being the fact it lifts the rear skid plate / valance by deleting the grey, matt unpainted plastic and replaces it with the piano black glossy finish. For me, that's a 'no brainer'.

On the S models, I think it depends upon whether you like the satin accents or not. I do, others don't. My son preferred the black pack but now, three weeks into ownership, he has declared that he really likes the satin finish on the front, lower doors and rear skid plate. So does Mrs A (avoided yet another option pack cost!).

IRR is an interesting colour. It changes significantly depending upon the intensity of the light and the angle of the sun. The contrast when the car is in partial, dappled shade is beautiful. And in sunshine it is stunning. It's less jaw droppingly beautiful on a dull, cloudy day. I think this is even more true of some of the other colours in the palette - particularly DSB.

If the weather is right and my car doesn't spend too long with the dealer because of the rubbing noise on the OS front wheel, I am hoping to spend some time on her so that I can really get the flakes in the IRR paint to pop in the sunlight.

Each to their own.....

Arianne

1 - 20 of 30 Posts