Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've picked up today and I know black isn't overly popular, I know many feel black wheels and black pack shouldn't go with dark colours and especially not black. I also know most people hate the idea of brogue and it's not very popular. Dealer said was the first combo like this but......it really works and is stunning.
Can't get a pick of how the brogue actually looks as it looks too light in photos or can't quite trap but the car is great and looks great. It sounds fantastic as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very nice and the brogue does look good, I wasn't brave enough I thought hard about but wimped out to jet, if I had stayed IRR I think it would have ended up being brogue...

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It is what you want that counts, and I think that does look awesome, got to be a bit different sometimes. Enjoy it

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
My mother told me one should never wear a brown belt with black shoes ... but then it turns out she was wrong about many other things too ;-)
Brilliant :)
Seriously I'm surprised the car looks so good and it has just worked brilliantly
Had a slight error in oyster and jet black lining and I'd still be happy with oyster but actually maybe the jet has made it work better - hard to know but now very happy with the whole setup and the car

·
Registered
143 Posts
Car looks great. Don't they all ....... actually. But I like the combination. Love the Reg!
Did you mean that you specced the light headlining but got a black one?
I am still trying to decide if the black headlining is OK. I have specced light HL with jet/red seats but after negative comments on here and the lock in date approaching I wondered what your experience was.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Timbo62 said:
Car looks great. Don't they all ....... actually. But I like the combination. Love the Reg!
I am still trying to decide if the black headlining is OK. I have specced light HL with jet/red seats but after negative comments on here and the lock in date approaching I wondered what your experience was.
Yes I specced oyster all the way but in last revision when I added the 825 meridian last minute it changed to jet black on dealer end. I then didn't see it (how!) and signed it off. Dealer was very good about it as ultimately it was my fault signing it. It's certainly darker in there in some ways from my last XF as the light headline I think adds a nice air of space
I think for me personally the jet works well with brogue but I wonder what it really would have looked like with the light headline. It looked great on the configurator I thought.
With regards negative comments - go with what you fancy, not many liked the idea of brogue in black. Brogue with green yes. I've seen red cars with light seat colours and that works - light headlining would work it's just the red black seats but if it looks good on the configurator to,you or you can see a light headline on another and imagine. Go for it,

The Reg I was going to get FPS which is more exact for my car but that's makes me think of frames per second or first person shooter and can't have that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Timbo62 said:
Yes I specced oyster all the way but in last revision when I added the 825 meridian last minute it changed to jet black on dealer end. I then didn't see it (how!) and signed it off. Dealer was very good about it as ultimately it was my fault signing it. It's certainly darker in there in some ways from my last XF as the light headline I think adds a nice air of space
I think for me personally the jet works well with brogue but I wonder what it really would have looked like with the light headline. It looked great on the configurator I thought.
With regards negative comments - go with what you fancy, not many liked the idea of brogue in black. Brogue with green yes. I've seen red cars with light seat colours and that works - light headlining would work it's just the red black seats but if it looks good on the configurator to,you or you can see a light headline on another and imagine. Go for it,

The Reg I was going to get FPS which is more exact for my car but that's makes me think of frames per second or first person shooter and can't have that.
Problem is I am not sure it looks good or not on the configurator. 3 colours inside? Red, Black and Oyster.
Is the Pano blind meshed or solid? I have an Evoque now with light headlining and light seats. It has a solid blind on the pano so no daylight comes in from it if its closed.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Like the black on black but the interior is very much a personal taste.

Hope you enjoy the Fpace.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
For what it's worth, Timbo, I have Jet/red interior on my R-Sport, with a light headliner . . I really love it, for me the contrast works fine and it's what I always wanted 'cos I don't personally like the slightly more claustrophobic feeling of a dark headliner . . dark above my head just feels more oppressive to me, even in a large car interior like with the F-Pace. I have no problem with there being different colour mixes inside, it's all part of the individuality of the car. My advice is to just go with whatever you like, don't be swayed by other's opinions 'cos they won't be spending any time in your car! :D

Vehicle Mirror Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Stunning looking car and now time to enjoy......... Given what I am driving then clearly I have no issues of Black :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks great! Is the brogue darker looking in reality? Would have seriously considered it if it was available on the r sport

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jinjin said:
Looks great! Is the brogue darker looking in reality? Would have seriously considered it if it was available on the r sport
It's not quite as really deep brown I thought it would be but isn't too light as really didn't want tan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
catwoman said:
For what it's worth, Timbo, I have Jet/red interior on my R-Sport, with a light headliner . . I really love it, for me the contrast works fine and it's what I always wanted 'cos I don't personally like the slightly more claustrophobic feeling of a dark headliner . . dark above my head just feels more oppressive to me, even in a large car interior like with the F-Pace. I have no problem with there being different colour mixes inside, it's all part of the individuality of the car. My advice is to just go with whatever you like, don't be swayed by other's opinions 'cos they won't be spending any time in your car! :D

View attachment 1729
See I'd be happy with that and don't think it's a problem having a light headliner

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Like the black on black but the interior is very much a personal taste.

Hope you enjoy the Fpace.
Certainly is. I'm just glad it's worked out and looks OK as was a bit nervous but for me personally it's just about what I was after and with so much black everywhere gives a lovely contrast and break of colour
That and the red calliper a which stand out really well.

Like all who get their cars they will be delighted
So much I love about it. A few bits I need to work out or understand including the ride - not harsh but the opposite

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One more to give anyone considering as much info as possible

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
think it prefer that over the jet I settled on! I originally had the red/jet spec'd but found the red a little too bright for my liking on the ones I saw in the flesh.. If i went for IRR than I'd have been happy with the red in the seats but with the dark car colour I went dark interior

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks great Mbadger. I just have about another 8 weeks to wait for mine :?
I think your combo looks fantastic. I decided against the black wheels in the end, but then went for a black interior. Current car has it, but hoping the pano roof will brighten things a little.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts