Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
PaulC said:
Wow, If I get mine detailed at the same place as you will I have to get all that stuff.
Should've got a bigger shed :D
Great looking car though. Looks great now it's clean.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Citrus Magic Pre-Wash
KKD wash mitt
Wash & rinse bucket with grit guards and seat lids, Microfibres
Interior cloth
Drying towel
Shampoo
Detailing brush
Snowfoam kit (Karcher fitting)
Wheel care kit: Brake away, trigger bottle and wheel furby kit
Si02 ceramic based quick detailer

Now to get out and drive it

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
A lot of bottles and effort :)
The main reason I got mine ceramic coated was to lessen the effort and still avoid the car wash.
Just did mine other week, quick rinse, ceramic shampoo, wash off with hose.

Dry to a polish. Wasn't quite as quick and easy as I'd hoped but 20 mins was washed, most self dried then just those last wet bits and a quick buff. Probably an hour all In but hope to speed that up a bit next time now I know what I'm doing

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
A lot of bottles and effort :)
The main reason I got mine ceramic coated was to lessen the effort and still avoid the car wash.
Just did mine other week, quick rinse, ceramic shampoo, wash off with hose.

Dry to a polish. Wasn't quite as quick and easy as I'd hoped but 20 mins was washed, most self dried then just those last wet bits and a quick buff. Probably an hour all In but hope to speed that up a bit next time now I know what I'm doing
Spray pre-wash on lower sills, leave to dwell for 5 mins, use the time to spray the wheels and furby spokes, snow foam, leave for 5 whilst finishing the wheels, jet wash off, shampoo, jet wash off, dry, squirt of detailer. DONE

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok, having a black car, I have quickly realised I will be spending a lot of time washing my car. Something else I have also realised with the keyless entry: when you're going to wash it, unlock it and then put the keys indoors. Otherwise when you are washing around the door handles, the thing is going to lock / unlock itself until it really gets on your tits! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Bonkers said:
Ok, having a black car, I have quickly realised I will be spending a lot of time washing my car. Something else I have also realised with the keyless entry: when you're going to wash it, unlock it and then put the keys indoors. Otherwise when you are washing around the door handles, the thing is going to lock / unlock itself until it really gets on your tits! :lol:
One other thing to point out is the gesture tailgate, I ha my keys in my pocket, washed under the bumper and forgot about the gesture tailgate and it nearly smacked she who must be obeyed in the face who was talking to me at the time, if the car was parked a little too close to a wall it would have hit a wall so be warned.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ PaulC,

What a lovely photo, the sunshine really has brought the DSB paintwork to life. And a lovely clear sky. In one image you have captured my idea of a perfect few hours spent pampering the car. Like you, I have all of the kit.

On a day like that, it's not about the time spent, it's about the experience. And very therapeutic it is too. The perfect antidote to my busy career.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Love the skid plate, looks great with your car.

Arianne

·
Registered
473 Posts
photos from this afternoon car wash and a short trip out, dirty already :roll: :lol: the joys of dark colours

Paul second photo for you look how much the mud f;ap has sprung out from the bodywork, did Hatfields sort yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Gman said:
photos from this afternoon car wash and a short trip out, dirty already :roll: :lol: the joys of dark colours

Paul second photo for you look how much the mud f;ap has sprung out from the bodywork, did Hatfields sort yours?
Yikes! That splash guard needs sorting immediately! I wonder if yours was the guinea-pig as although mine looked terrible at handover they were re-fitted there and then and although not perfect they are as good a fit as a slightly ill-designed part ever will be now. Wouldn't be without them now though, FP's look naked otherwise

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Oh dear that's really bad, looks like they have fitted the wrong make and model flaps that's how bad it looks, I would get that sorted.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Oh dear that's really bad, looks like they have fitted the wrong make and model flaps that's how bad it looks, I would get that sorted.
Its' on the list to get sorted, but waiting to book in for the new s/w ITCP update when that is confirmed as getting to the dealer is a logistics nightmare with my work diary and needs careful planning.

to be fair they all fitted as tightly as possible given the design is a bit iffy from a fitting perspective then the front just popped out from the body work....

As you say Paul I think mine would look naked too without them and the keep the worst of the cowsh of it :D :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.