Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to all the bad press against Jaguar and dealerships on the forum I thought I should share my positive experience at my local dealership Lancaster Tamworth. My F Pace was booked in to have a few niggles looked at (including the creaky rear springs) and I have to say the service I received was fantastic. Simon, the service guy, kept me informed throughout regarding the issues and I had a brand new XE loaned to me whilst my car was being fixed. The car was fully valeted when I picked it up and I simply cannot fault the dealership for their fantastic after sales. Just as a dealer should be!! Much better than my VW dealer I dealt with prior to me owning the F Pace. My F Pace is booked in to have the rear springs fixed so I will follow up with the experience I receive this time round.

Overall great car, great dealership.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
it will all change around about the fourth visit :eek: they'll be like "here he is again" :shock:
And you'll be back on here typing paragraphs with a few :evil: :twisted: :cry: in :lol: :lol:before long :shock:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
typolee said:
Due to all the bad press against Jaguar and dealerships on the forum I thought I should share my positive experience at my local dealership Lancaster Tamworth. My F Pace was booked in to have a few niggles looked at (including the creaky rear springs) and I have to say the service I received was fantastic. Simon, the service guy, kept me informed throughout regarding the issues and I had a brand new XE loaned to me whilst my car was being fixed. The car was fully valeted when I picked it up and I simply cannot fault the dealership for their fantastic after sales. Just as a dealer should be!! Much better than my VW dealer I dealt with prior to me owning the F Pace. My F Pace is booked in to have the rear springs fixed so I will follow up with the experience I receive this time round.

Overall great car, great dealership.
Good to hear, thanks for posting. Stuff happens, life goes on and it's good when a dealer delivers good service. To this day I still have some anxiety about the risk am taking with this gorgeous car I have ordered. But I take some assurance from the dealer we do business with.

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
154 Posts
To me it's sounds like no more than you should expect after purchasing a brand new car that appears to have faults.

What amazes me is how accepting people are with all of these faults, Jaguar have now been building F-Paces since January and they are still building them with know faults now. You could possible excuse issues on very early builds but 10 months in and they are still delivering faulty goods to customers.

I for one go to the expense of buying new cars so I don't have to spend time visiting service centers or garages or worry about things not working or having to listen to creaks or rattles.

My experience with Lancasters of Tamworth wasn't so great my F-Pace FE was with them for 3 weeks while Jaguar had to provided a XE courtesy car (Lancaster had none due to all the faults) not once did they call me with a progress update.

I ended up with a full refund (no thanks to Lancasters) and went and bought a new model Merc E-Class - glad to report I have no idea what the Merc service department is like because I have had no need to call them. It just goes to show new models and new tech can be built without the customer having to accept faults will be present.

·
Banned
444 Posts
When a contributor has a good and positive experience and chooses to post it, why do all the Jagmoaners have to put a downer on it. You might also question "pacemeoff's" motives, according to him "rejecting" his F-Pace!

·
Banned
444 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Russell, why one someone successfully rejects their car do you insist on casting doubt on what they are saying?
You misunderstood my question, if you have "rejected" your Jaguar, why on earth would you choose to remain on the F-Pace forum? :?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice to hear that a new model doesn't mean problem.

I was expecting to have a few things fixed on the Jaguar, but to have no fix during 5 months.
My A/C has been broken for 4 months and let's not talk about ICTP.
This luxury brand sells navigation that doesn't warn for traffic jams or road works?If you don't take the option with wifi.

The only respons I get is from CS. I think the respons is copyed from a manual, that really doesn't say anything.

Jaguar has a long way to go to match other brands and I wounder if the customers that tryed Jaguar ever returns to the brand.

·
Registered
154 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Morbid curiosity! .. no it's a good point tho .....
I have owned JLR products for many years and over the last 6 years I have owned XF (x2) & XK and consider myself a fan of JLR and cars in general and have been a very proud owner of Jaguars without any previous quality or design issues.

I see no reason why I should not remain a member of this forum. I was also one of the customers that put my deposit down on the F-Pace before most had even known of it and put my faith and £65k on Jaguar to deliver.

Just because I have rejected one Jaguar doesn't mean I will never purchase another so I see no reason why I shouldn't keep track of the current situation for any decision on a future purchase, I love cars and I'm lucky that I'm able to change my car very regularly.

I'm also a moderator so once a week I still look over the threads, I'm not aware of any rules stating I must be an owner and due to my anorak nature with cars I probably still have more knowledge of the F-Pace and JLR than most on here and certainly more than the sales people in the dealerships who on the whole demonstrate very poor product knowledge from my experience.

I have no reason to stick the knife into Jaguar several members of my family worked at Jaguar for many years (now retired) and I'm really pleased JLR are doing so well providing much needed jobs. My wife still owns a JLR product and she is very happy with it.

My comments was not really a dig at Jaguar I was just surprised that someone who invested a large amount of money on a product for it to be faulty would consider it to be great service for the seller (dealer) to provide a replacement car (probably of lower value and spec) and to wash it and then to tell the customer that they need to return it so they can fix further issues is this really good service shouldn't you expect this at the very least?

I'm fully aware problems can and do happen but these should not be expected when purchasing a new car. For issues like the in-car entertainment and the creaky rear suspension to go on for so long after the initially issues have been raised is unacceptable.

·
Banned
444 Posts
It took Porsche 6 months plus to resolve a transmission fault common to all 2004 Cayenne models. The fix ultimately was a transmission ECU replacement. At the time Porsche told me it was "state of the art". The reason they gave for the delay was that it had to be referred to the Steering committee as the production was in joint venture with VW Touareg .

They admitted to me that all of that model had the same state of the art issue, some to a greater and others to a lesser extent and by the way the fix was only offered to those who complained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.