Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this week was the week for the delivery of my FPace which was order in February. Financing arranged, private sale of the Merc completed (better price than px) all I had to do was wait for the handover of my car this Friday. Well got the call today that the order got messed up completely. Car arrived with the wrong interior....WTF!!! Brown instead of black on the amonite gray S Model. I couldnt believe the call to be honest...how could they have gotten it wrong. I saw the pictures...there is no way I am accepting that car as is. They have offered to fix it and during that time provide me with a loaner car till its sorted. While I appreciated the gesture I would not expect that kind of cock up from a luxuxry brand. They need to sort it all out and make sure their internal system reflects that this car and VIN has the correct interior. I would be killed on the resale value of that car with that interior and specs.

Anyone else have their order messed up?? What concessions did they give?

Disappointed... :eek: :oops: :? :? :?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ouch that is hard to take!
I seen a similar spec in Watford see attached pic
Like people say virtually every exterior/interior is looking good, but not when it's a surprise like that!
The pictures of the brogue really are different to seeing it in reality, it looks darker in the pictures I found
Best of Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Crikey :!:

How do these things happen? You can imagine some blokes on the production line commenting about the colour combination being weird as they are actually putting it in! I mean, are they using the prize winners 1978 apprentice team from the Morris Marina shift in Solihull these days?

Let's hope they give you a stonkin good loan car.

Arianne

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think brogue would possibly suit ammonite but I'm not sure.
Go and have a look in person and see what they offer. Did you sign off the actual jag order that is on the system ?
The mistake is probably the dealer not the factory - they fit what's on the list

If they give you a loan and get a new car / fix then maybe ok with a sweetener thrown in or just reject it and go elsewhere be that a Porsche garage or a new jag garage or whatever you fancy
Get your deposit back as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this and I reckon this is the one
J9joh said:
Ouch that is hard to take!
I seen a similar spec in Watford see attached pic
Like people say virtually every exterior/interior is looking good, but not when it's a surprise like that!
The pictures of the brogue really are different to seeing it in reality, it looks darker in the pictures I found
Best of Luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I take it your paperwork shows the correct colour, if it does then I would be sending off a serious e-mail to Jaguar asking serious questions.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If you can stomach the car, agree to accept it with a decent cash refund in scale of ££££ , if they don't agree reject the car and start order over again (at different dealer), leave the dealer with a car to sell and a lost customer (plus send story to your local newspaper, embarrass them!).

Frankly Jaguar dealers need a collective kick up the posterior because without customers they don't have jobs! And this is not even mentioning some of the crud the factory sends out!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can not stomach it it looks ghastly as the part around the gear selector was chosen based on a black interior. Not only are the seats wrong but so is the roof lining. There are just to many errors. I am meeting with them on Friday and they say all on backorder till 2017. I was like for a mistake you made you are telling me I am at the bottom of the order pile. Stay tuned....

RaVolVoR said:
If you can stomach the car, agree to accept it with a decent cash refund in scale of ££££ , if they don't agree reject the car and start order over again (at different dealer), leave the dealer with a car to sell and a lost customer (plus send story to your local newspaper, embarrass them!).

Frankly Jaguar dealers need a collective kick up the posterior because without customers they don't have jobs! And this is not even mentioning some of the crud the factory sends out!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All paper work was correct. The issue was what they submitted on the JLR system. The dealership admitted the error. They are providing a loaner car till a replacement is provided.
Jagfpacejk said:
I take it your paperwork shows the correct colour, if it does then I would be sending off a serious e-mail to Jaguar asking serious questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Jaguar ordering system is notorious for allowing dealers to make mistakes - it bears no relationship to the configurator at all and specs have to be manually transferred over. When I ordered my XF Sportbrake my dealer accidentally ordered a saloon instead!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
When the dealer sent me the print out of my confirmed order they assured me they had checked it off against the configurator print out that we'd agreed. However "being me" I thoroughly checked it myself - however as the configurator and order sheet are completely different I used the individual product codes in the back of the main F Pace catalogue. Doing so I found an error. Manual steering adjustment, not electric. Even though I ordered a full memory pack the dealer has to actually enter the individual items within the pack into the system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What on earth is going on at Jaguar Land Rover??? Surely someone on the shop floor would have queried a grey and brown colour combination!

Reject the car - easy within the first 30 days!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have not accepted the car as sits on their forecourt. They offered to retrofit it but no interested in that at all...I saw the cars on tour that were done manually and their finish was not the best. At dealership on Friday to work through a resolution.

stevealexr1 said:
What on earth is going on at Jaguar Land Rover??? Surely someone on the shop floor would have queried a grey and brown colour combination!

Reject the car - easy within the first 30 days!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As someone says the brogue is much darker in the flesh - I've recently taken delivery of a silver one in brogue (deliberately so!) and think the combination works well - not sure how it will look with ammonite. My order form all the way through had black leather on it, as brogue was not an option that the dealer could put on the form, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been delivered in black. Hope you get something sorted to your satisfaction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.