Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been on a here a while now so thought it was high time I said a proper hello.

Currently driving an Audi Q5. Had been planning to get a Discovery Sport but found the interior disappointing and struggled to find a comfortable driving position. Quite like the Evoque but it's a bit too small. Test drove a BMW X3, which I liked but it didn't feel special enough to tempt me out of my Q5 at the time. So, I decided to wait until the winter to see what the new versions of the Q5 and X3 looked like. …Until, that is, I read an F-Pace review in Auto Express back in April. Took a test drive a week later and loved it - put down a deposit on a build slot right after.

The salesman quoted a September/October build at that point, though with a chance of it coming forward. Based on that, I told them it suited me to wait for the 66 plate change so the order was left in the holding pool, presumably so I wouldn't get one too early. Should have been advised of a build date in early July, but it turns out the salesman had gone off long term sick by then. Eventually got contacted at the end of July by another saleswoman explaining what had happened and she submitted the order for a slot allocation there and then, though she reckoned it was now too late for September. Got a build date through a week later (which I had to chase up) showing end of October. Whilst on the phone, she managed to get the order system to bring the build week forward to the second week in October.

So that's what we're working towards now. Not too bad a wait compared with what some of you have been through and plenty of time to decide how to sell the current car, paint coating options, dash cams, etc etc. After 14 years of Audis, I'm excited to be having a change. The two A4s and current Q5 have all been ultra reliable so I'm hoping the new cat doesn't "bite" me too much!

Enjoy reading all the posts and information sharing on here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Bobcat, not long to wait then, keep us informed of your paint protection decision still deciding on mine definitely be third party detailer not sure yet on the brand, my delivery should be the last week in September it's the best i've got so far my salesman left the dealership and no one told me..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Pacer. Will do - likewise thinking third party detailer. Probably Gtechniq or Gyeon ceramic coating but will see.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Bobcat, good luck with the brand switch, fingers crossed you only get a little nip from the Jaguar rather than a full bite!!

I notice you have added some tasty options but remained with 18" wheels!! May I ask why as most people think 20" are the smallest aesthetic match for the car. The 19" brigade claim smoother ride and less chance of Kerbing them but most of us think the 18" are just that bit too small for such a large sporty car, and those tall side walls will without doubt compromise the handling. Just curious that's all.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Carl. Hope you manage to get all your issues sorted eventually.

It's basically down to cost. I agree the 18"s do look a bit small but it doesn't annoy me enough to spend £800 for an extra 1" or £1200 for an extra 2". And it's money that would have to come from the holidays or hobbies funds.

I don't get enough chances (sadly) to benefit that much from the improved handling of larger wheels. At least on the third world roads of Scotland's capital, every extra bit of rubber is a real plus!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I can imagine those cobbled Edinburgh streets would start to shake your spine and car to pieces!! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, the cobbled ones tend to be in the best condition. It's all the other roads with potholes galore that's the trouble. Reckon the lack of roads spending is the council still punishing the residents for rejecting the congestion charge plans around 15 years ago! :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.