Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I put a deposit down on a 3l D f pace in early June after having RRSports for the last 10 years. I still have no build date or lock down date from dealer and on reading the increasing number of problems and niggles on this forum am beginning to wonder if I should cancel my order and wait a year or so until the gremlins are sorted.
I have experience of getting in at the beginning with mclaren and ultimately after many promises of fixes and patches they took the decision to drop the early buyers and bring out a new system that was not upgradable from the original system the increasing number of fixes that jaguar seem to be trying on their software only to trigger another set of problems worries me
What are others doing ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are clearly issues with the ICTP system but it doesn't seem to affect everybody. The problems exist not only in the F Pace but also in the XE and XF. Jaguar will be very aware of the issues and I'm sure fixing them quickly will be a high priority for them. Somebody here on one of the threads has stated there is a major rewrite due this month...

As my car is due to be built mid Oct, I'm hoping it will come with this rewrite already installed and will be problem free...
Apart from this serious issue, most owners seem to love this car so I'm sticking with it!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am expecting delivery at end of October. My attitude is that I hope that most of the issues have been resolved in time for my late September build - as I love the look of the car and the test drives were fantastic.
However, I am also prepared for the fact that it's possible that I may end up rejecting the car if it has major problems that can't be fixed in a reasonable time frame.
The fact is I can get a fully specced Mercedes GLC AMG43 for about £8k less than I am spending on the FP.
I hope it doesn't come to that - as I really had set my heart on buying a piece of quality British design and engineering for a change. Could happen though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It depends what you want from a car. If you want it to be an SUV and a sports car all in one, then the F-Pace wins but there are quality issues right now that will be sported out in the long term. If you want a nice SUV that is comfortable and will get the job done with ease, then the GLC is the sensible choice and will save you a lot of money as the purchase price different (about 8K in my case) out weighed the £1,300 in servicing costs difference over 5 years.

It will come down to how forgiving you are and what you want out of it. Can you live with the current issues or not?

The F-Pace is a spectacular car and people's hearts are ruling their heads and who can blame them. Jaguar are only a little bit of quality away from having a real winner.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Chrism65 said:
Hi all I put a deposit down on a 3l D f pace in early June after having RRSports for the last 10 years. I still have no build date or lock down date from dealer and on reading the increasing number of problems and niggles on this forum am beginning to wonder if I should cancel my order and wait a year or so until the gremlins are sorted.
I have experience of getting in at the beginning with mclaren and ultimately after many promises of fixes and patches they took the decision to drop the early buyers and bring out a new system that was not upgradable from the original system the increasing number of fixes that jaguar seem to be trying on their software only to trigger another set of problems worries me
What are others doing ?
I would be more worried about getting the dates! I ordered late june, locked in date August, build week of 16th Sept...

My view is as above too, hope most of the early niggles are sorted, I have refused to delete the ITCP system, as I believe this is the step into the 21st century that Jaguar needs to keep up with BM, Merc etc with in car technology

·
Registered
948 Posts
Like you I've currently came out of two new model RRSports before that a Cayenne and X5, IMO the RRSport has the best interior materials executed beautiful, the F-Pace is probably slightly below the level of the other but it's driving experience exceeds all of them by quite a margin.... it's really that good.

Sure there is issues with the ITCP with some effected more than others but few if any would give their F Pace up and jump ship such is the way it drives. The F Pace is real deal breaker for Jag in the same way the Cayenne was for Porsche, it will effectively catapult the brand to a buying public who would never have considered a Jag so be damn sure they are taking this matter very seriously.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So,far no real issues with ICTP. I saw in the topix bulletin that a new version is due in mid September ?
I've had an update applied to mine when it did PDI about 14 days ago so not sure if everyone has that update.

Your main concerns are getting a lock in date which then gives you a build date around a month later.

I'm,absolutely loving mine and I think the ICTP is one of the best things I've ever seen in a car. It's really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.