Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I believe that the Battery Monitoring System has to be reset using diagnostic equipment. If your battery is an EGM type it must be replaced like for like, CCA etc. :cool:

Reactions: MMXVI

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe that the Battery Monitoring System has to be reset using diagnostic equipment. If your battery is an EGM type it must be replaced like for like, CCA etc. :cool:
Good idea to replace "Like with Like", AGM - "Absorbed Glass Mat" - there is no need for diagnostic equipment if you connect a 13.5 DC power supply to the Pos. and Neg. terminals in the engine bay before disconnecting and reconnecting the New AGM Battery, remember that you have DC power connected during this procedure - so be careful with leads and tools so that you do not short or place leads and terminals against the body or other terminals!.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When my battery was replaced under warranty the jaguar technician said the system will treat the new battery as the old if it isn’t setup correctly. So you could find your new battery has limited power?

·
Registered
64 Posts
When my battery was replaced under warranty the jaguar technician said the system will treat the new battery as the old if it isn’t setup correctly. So you could find your new battery has limited power?
yes but the BMS has to be inteligent and adapt - think winter vs summer driving. certinally if you fit a different battery it would need to know, but if you swap like for like it will soon learn the new charging requirements.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Highly recommend the Autel AP200, which amongst other things, will reset the battery monitor. Last week fitted a new Bosch battery from Tayna. A new battery will charge up and loose charge very differently to a new battery so worth resetting the battery monitor. The car will probably get there in the end without doing this but these AP200s are pretty cheap and definitely worth having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts