Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I need your help guys, what do you do to your car if you're not gonna use it for 20 days. I'm going to travel and leaving it at home. No one will use it or turning it on.. Should I disconnect the battery? Is it safe to do?

I'm a newbie :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you considered a trickle charge battery conditioner- this has to be connected to mains power and provides sufficient current to ensure battery remains charged. We use one for a little used classic car and it works a treat.

No good if left at airport etc. but if the battery is flat just call Jag Assist in normal working hours and outside you will be re-directed to the AA.

I certainly would not disconnect the battery, many background functions which struggle to function normally on some cars! :roll:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You should be fine, modern cars now cope with this, and have background systems they need to run. My BMW 5 series went 22 days this summer, as did our Mini, no issues both started first time.

I use a trickle charger on my Lotus, but that is in a garage, and has been fine for a few weeks too anyway, but I do not use it regularly enough to not have the trickle on, plus it means it always starts first time.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
After 96 hours the FPace goes into a deeper sleep mode. Remote etc won't work, so you have to set up a wake up delay in days. This is some thing I've read but not done, seems sensible given the amount of electrickery installed.

I'd lock it and expect it to be fine on return.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaVolVoR said:
After 96 hours the FPace goes into a deeper sleep mode. Remote etc won't work, so you have to set up a wake up delay in days. This is some thing I've read but not done, seems sensible given the amount of electrickery installed.

I'd lock it and expect it to be fine on return.
So you're saying I'm fine with just leaving it locked and connected still or should I disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If it were me, then I'd lock it and leave it, and not disconnect battery - I would worry what harm is done by their being no power to so many systems! Its 20 days, a lot of people go on 14/15 day holidays and park at airports, the extra 6 days really shouldn't be an issue. Your choice but I wouldn't touch it, and as mentioned, you have Jag assist if it doesn't start, hopefully they know what to do!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaVolVoR said:
If it were me, then I'd lock it and leave it, and not disconnect battery - I would worry what harm is done by their being no power to so many systems! Its 20 days, a lot of people go on 14/15 day holidays and park at airports, the extra 6 days really shouldn't be an issue. Your choice but I wouldn't touch it, and as mentioned, you have Jag assist if it doesn't start, hopefully they know what to do!
Alright thanks a lot for your opinion :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saski said:
Have you considered a trickle charge battery conditioner- this has to be connected to mains power and provides sufficient current to ensure battery remains charged. We use one for a little used classic car and it works a treat.

No good if left at airport etc. but if the battery is flat just call Jag Assist in normal working hours and outside you will be re-directed to the AA.

I certainly would not disconnect the battery, many background functions which struggle to function normally on some cars! :roll:
OK I think I'll just lock it up, and not disconnect it. Cheers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Israz said:
Saski said:

OK I think I'll just lock it up, and not disconnect it. Cheers.
Jag assist is the AA ive had them a couple of times, they just dress up some of the vehicles in Jag and or Landrover paint scheme and equip the technicians with the appropriate diagnostics machines, if Jag assist or Landrover cant get to you soon enough they send the standard AA Technicians who will do whatever they can to a point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts