Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Stunning!

Blades were going to be my original choice if I went for 20" - by far the best of the bunch and set the IRR beautifully.

Loving the chrome - expecting to see my bling mobile at the dealers early next week..

Enjoy, hope everything goes well! :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Odd to see an R -sport with bling window surrounds etc..... But have to say it does suit it still. Like I said in a previous post... How many of us would choose a different combo now we have seen the variants and options in the metal.... Hummm, better shut up or risk getting barred from the Ammo club :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Golf2016 said:
It was the fact that for 3 years all that's required is a quick wash that sold ceramic coating to me .
Same here. I've washed it twice now and it comes up great but wasn't quite as quick and easy as I'd hoped.
Washing is quick and easy as you'd expect and the panels do "auto dry" a bit - run round with drying cloth and they dry quickly and just need a quick buff with dry polishing cloth and comes up lovely.

What I found especially with the southern lime scale water is when drying it leaves water marks and dries very quickly making it harder to rub off easily.

Might try doing in two halves. Wash whole car, dry only one side and finish then dry other side so don't give all panels too much time to fully dry / mark.
Maybe an electric polisher may be a route to quick finish. 20 mins would be my ideal goal :)

I would say though on newer cars I'm sold on it as it's so so much quicker and better than having to polish the bugger.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Golf2016 said:
It was the fact that for 3 years all that's required is a quick wash that sold ceramic coating to me .
OK interesting, remind me to ask you how its going in a couple of years time.

So do they offer a 3 year guarantee if it doesn't?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Golf2016 said:

Yes think mine has a 5 year guarantee, have to check, basically if your not happy the dealer who applied it will do it again

Edit - just checked my certificate card and it is 5 years from date of application if done by approved supplier. I used Gen3 glass coat . Personally I'd not even hold them to 5 years and car will be well gone by then.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Golf2016 said:
Same here. I've washed it twice now and it comes up great but wasn't quite as quick and easy as I'd hoped.
Washing is quick and easy as you'd expect and the panels do "auto dry" a bit - run round with drying cloth and they dry quickly and just need a quick buff with dry polishing cloth and comes up lovely.

What I found especially with the southern lime scale water is when drying it leaves water marks and dries very quickly making it harder to rub off easily.

Might try doing in two halves. Wash whole car, dry only one side and finish then dry other side so don't give all panels too much time to fully dry / mark.
Maybe an electric polisher may be a route to quick finish. 20 mins would be my ideal goal :)

I would say though on newer cars I'm sold on it as it's so so much quicker and better than having to polish the bugger.
Hello mbadger77, I used to live in Kent with hard water and when I visit Mrs A's parents and choose to wash my car I also experience the lime water spots if I don't dry the car fast enough. It's particularly annoying on privacy glass because it shows more visibly.

Anyway, I noticed a thread recently on my Volvo XC60 forum where some of the folk had decided to buy water purifiers so that the water flowing through their hose / pressure washer was so pure that they didn't need to worry about drying it off or the water spots.

Here a link to another thread on a dedicated car detailing forum where they discuss it. If you have paid for the ceramic coating then maybe a modest additional investment could provide you with the complete solution?

I now live in a soft water area so it is not such an issue for me.

Here's the link: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=69330

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Golf2016 said:

Yes think mine has a 5 year guarantee, have to check, basically if your not happy the dealer who applied it will do it again

Edit - just checked my certificate card and it is 5 years from date of application if done by approved supplier. I used Gen3 glass coat . Personally I'd not even hold them to 5 years and car will be well gone by then.
OK, thanks, lets hope the detailer is also there is 5 years time ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Arianne - thanks very much didn't know a product existed.

Bought an aqua gleam filter - probably will only wash about 6-7 times a year so this will last a couple of years maybe more so £60 worth it in my book to save time and effort.

Car will look amazing as well

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Loving that, IRR does look fab

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Advised not to wash it for a week to allow ceramic coating to harden . Detailer told me to be ready to be amazed when I do wash it and the droplets literally fizz off and a light fiber toweling is all that's needed. Will wait and see but drove in a light shower today and the windscreen did seem to shed water without wipers on

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jags cat said:
Odd to see an R -sport with bling window surrounds etc..... But have to say it does suit it still. Like I said in a previous post... How many of us would choose a different combo now we have seen the variants and options in the metal.... Hummm, better shut up or risk getting barred from the Ammo club :eek: :lol: :lol:
I agree, that don't look half bad at all!! Nice balance of colour, chrome and black. But don't start going soft on us Jagscat!!! We in the Ammo club KNOW we picked the right colour, despite your Ann Summers red leather!! :shock: :eek: :roll:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Nothing wrong with Ann summers... But I do find the leather tassels a little short!!! :shock: :shock: :eek: Oops wrong forum !!!
Where was I.... :? Oh yes,.....colour ....,grey is the new black, white, red, blue and BRG .... Just ask cat woman !!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jags cat said:
Nothing wrong with Ann summers... But I do find the leather tassels a little short!!! :shock: :shock: :eek: Oops wrong forum !!!
Where was I.... :? Oh yes,.....colour ....,grey is the new black, white, red, blue and BRG .... Just ask cat woman !!! :lol:
PMSL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
We in the Ammo club KNOW we picked the right colour
Maybe for the masses but only the select few have the real Fpace colour to have, thats 1st edition gorgeous blue. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
We in the Ammo club KNOW we picked the right colour
Maybe for the masses but only the select few have the real Fpace colour to have, thats 1st edition gorgeous blue. :twisted:
I must and hate to admit that there is one colour that unquestionably suits the F-Pace.......Ammonite!!! :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts