Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a message I just sent to Jaguar customer relations, I wonder if I'll get a reply? ..."Having now had my F-Pace for around 10 days I've been working my way through the manual and controls, but am amazed that a car with Xenon headlights costing over £50,000 doesn't have automatic headlamp dipping when the camera spots oncoming headlights or red taillights. Looking closer at the configurator I now see that you have to spend £1,050 more to get this feature with the LED headlights, yet on my mid-range Qashqai costing less than £20,000 the feature was standard. Xenon headlights can be dangerous for ongoing vehicles if not dipped promptly, and it is dangerous to have to fumble around the steering wheel stalks to constantly turn them on/off manually, while negoatiating bending country lanes. This really feels like a cynical piece of sales marketing to generate additional revenue over the base price, because surely it would take just a few lines of software coding to add this feature to my R-Sport with the strandard Xenon lights, since all that's happening is the camera sending a message to the CPU to turn the full beam off and revert to the dipped beam while the stalk is set to auto lighting. How about sorting this out in the next software upgrade you push out to dealers?"

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ totally agree!

My last two JLR cars with Bi-Xenons had adaptive lighting and high beam assist, so I just assumed this one would (totally my fault) .. was surprised to learn I had to upgrade to the LEDs to get this.

You might get a reply, but you certainly won't get a software update for it, as you assumptions are sound. All about product positioning.

·
Registered
688 Posts
you could say the same about many things. 3G instead of 4G, dipping only passenger side mirrors on reverse, driver side only seat memory etc etc.. but in most cases it was all shown on the site and explained to me by the dealer prior to ordering. Having got the LEDs, the high beam assist works great.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How much are LED's with high beam assist though?

·
Registered
688 Posts
good call.. well worth the difference IMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
We bought the LED option and its good around corners but no High Beam Assist working. Going into dealers for various things and 2.5 on Friday

3.0V6 S. Storm Grey. 14 way seats. 22 Double Helix black wheels. 360 PDC. Advanced Parking Pack. Adaptive Cruise Control. Adaptive LED headlights. ASR. Black Pack. Blind Spot monitoring. Mood lighting. Electric Towbar. Gesture Tailgate. HUD. Heated wheel. ICTP. Meridian. Lane keeping. Panoramic roof. Twin cup. 5 yr service and 3 year secure. Black mirrors ++

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
JLRnumber5 said:
F-Pace S said:
How much are LED's with high beam assist though?
£1050

I added them to my order today!
Why not ask your dealer to supply FOC For your trouble? ;)
There's been no trouble so that would be somewhat disingenuous. I've sent one email and they've done all the rest. Excellent dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts