Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't read it please do. Spoiler alert...... the Macan won but what they said about it is exactly my opinion on the Macan, superb handling machine that's superior to the F-Pace but requires a smooth surface to excel otherwise it's steering is very busy and gives the impression it's not that well dampened which is why I didn't like it.

I can't understand road testers, to them out and out handling entertainment is everything even when other parts of the driving experience is flawed. Give me the F-Pace every time, composed and comfortable no matter the surface with just enough dynamics to keep it interesting plus looks to die for.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree that the F-Pace is a better car overall despite the base price being approx £5k more. It's roomier too!

Autocar's one criticism was that the F-Pace was expensive.

However once you spec a Macan to a similar level then I'm sure they're more evenly matched price-wise.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Pre-price rise a similarly spec'd Macan S Diesel was a few hundred pounds more, now it's about £1000 cheaper.
Yeah £1000 cheaper for a car that in my eyes is inferior.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Pre-price rise a similarly spec'd Macan S Diesel was a few hundred pounds more, now it's about £1000 cheaper.
Quite possibly. I couldn't bring myself to own such a goddamn ugly car that even if it was dynamically perfect it would make no difference.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Quite possibly. I couldn't bring myself to own such a goddamn ugly car that even if it was dynamically perfect it would make no difference.
Plus with our Euro BREXIT WIN!!! I buy British at every opportunity!! LR for 14 yrs now Jag and my motorbike 100% British TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE! Done my bit for British manufacture!! Holiday in UK - Cornwall, Lakes, and Scotland (WANKERS!! 2nd referendum???!) rule!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't had a holiday in Europe for years and no intention to start any time soon.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Back to cars....

Just read the article and thought it was a well written, balanced article. The Macan is, as most of us accept, the more edgy performance sports vehicle. AutoCar question whether it really is an SUV and, having tested it myself recently, I would suggest it isn't.

The F-Pace, on the other hand, is a more rounded car which properly fulfils the SUV desire for most folk while delivering a luxurious interior (just) and great performance / handling in the V6 spec. We tested the Macan, X3, X4 and X5 all with the 3.0 V6 engines but concluded that the F-Pace is the most complete car for our needs. It isn't cheap, especially when you factor in the discounts available from BMW dealers and deposit contributions from BMW etc.

If AutoCar could have got any closer to calling it a draw then that would have been fair. The tester rated the edgy handling of the Porsche Macan as more important to him and so, on this occasion the Macan won. On another day and with another tester the F-Pace would have pulled it off.

Best wishes for the week ahead....

Arianne

PS. we are just off on our euro-tour from Scotland (the beautiful Scottish Borders is a wonderful place to live and highly recommended for anyone wanting a short break seeking to relax and enjoy a slower pace of life) through to The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and a few weeks in the Norwegian NW fjords. A shame I haven't got my F-Pace for what should be an amazing road trip but my 2014 XC60 Rdesign is lovely too. See you in August folks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.