Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke to my dealer and I've been told I have a build date of end of august (just after the summer shutdown), so looking to take delivery at towards the back end of September.

Ordered on 9th May, so happy with that turn around.
I've decided on going for the jet/jet seats rather than the jet/red as it was a little too bright for my liking when I saw it i person last weekend.

I'm still in two minds around the wheels, currently have the 20" Blades but the more I see the 22" Double Helix, the more I want them... I've been told I have 3 more weeks until the spec becomes non amenable so need to make a decision too.

My wife is not the tallest and in the model at the dealers she was really impressed with the deployable steps.. a very expensive option. Dealer said as those are dealer fitted extras that they could be added to the spec later on but should be done before handover to the car so that they are then covered by the 3 yer warranty.

going to be a long 3 months....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Congratulations, Sounds like it could be in the same batch as mine as my dealer has just phoned with the same info, only about 100 odd days to wait
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats to you too! Which dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Mine is Guy Salmon in Maidstone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Wow that's quick. You must have an undersubscribed dealer. I ordered mine last November and have been told to expect a late July/early August pick up.

WRT the alloys the silver/grey blades are what I went for as I felt they looked just as sporty as the 22in options and the cost did not justify, but if money was no limit etc etc! I also convinced myself at the time that the ride would be compromised by the size of the alloys and this was mentioned in a couple of the reviews, but this appears to have not been the case from member reviews so far. Also the 50k barrier was broken and reaching the point where getting the 3.0d would have been very (too) tempting.

I also ended up dropping the LED lights as the xenons were more than good enough and looked more attractive/suit the car when I saw them; the LEDs don't look as good and have some novelties like automatic dimming when an oncoming vehicle approaches and turning with the steering wheel which seem a bit like gimmicks to me (my personal views only).

Anyway many congrats and good choice with the colour!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer is Lancaster Jag in Sevenoaks. At the time of test drive, even when u was arranging my test drive they were telling me it was am end of year delivery. It was a few weeks ago they called and told me about Jag being in touch with them in regards to moving to 7 days a week production and more slots opening up for build.

I'm going to be a completely on-road user and I've had a large alloy and low profile tyre on my current car so was worried about ride on the 22"s but as you've said a lot of the reviews suggest its not they bad.. Dilemmas Dilemmas...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I am afraid I wasn't that lucky , I only have about another 100 days to wait but I placed my order in November, was beginning to lose the will to live with no information about a delivery date. All I can do now is wait patiently and envy everyone who is already mobile in one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
jinjin said:
Dealer is Lancaster Jag in Sevenoaks. At the time of test drive, even when u was arranging my test drive they were telling me it was am end of year delivery. It was a few weeks ago they called and told me about Jag being in touch with them in regards to moving to 7 days a week production and more slots opening up for build.

I'm going to be a completely on-road user and I've had a large alloy and low profile tyre on my current car so was worried about ride on the 22"s but as you've said a lot of the reviews suggest its not they bad.. Dilemmas Dilemmas...
I would suggest the 22's if your only doing 'on road', as they do suit the car perfectly & the reports on ride quality are v good. But , I have had to go for the 20's as I will be taking it off the beaten track at times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I think I must be going against the flow, I have asked for my July build slot to be moved to sept/ October. My thoughts are that another few months may allow the factory quality problems to be sorted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
AlSnr said:
I think I must be going against the flow, I have asked for my July build slot to be moved to sept/ October. My thoughts are that another few months may allow the factory quality problems to be sorted.
I was disappointed at having to wait until September but on thinking about it and reading some of the posts about different issues I came to the same conclusion as you and will quite happily wait to see if these issues are fixed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Summer shutdown?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my build is the week after the shutdown I've been told.. again, happy to wait until September as I want to put a 66 plate on it and hopefully the early issues are ironed out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I am also still swaying between 20" and 22". Less than 2 weeks until order is locked down. Have you checked out the price of tyres? That is steering me towards sticking with the 20" I have spec'ed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Penfold23 said:
I am also still swaying between 20" and 22". Less than 2 weeks until order is locked down. Have you checked out the price of tyres? That is steering me towards sticking with the 20" I have spec'ed.
I'm also curious as to the cost of tires for the 22"s. I have the standard 19" Bionics specced but came across the Jaguar Accessories website and saw (what I believe, I may be wrong) to be all the rims available without the tyres at not ridiculous prices. E.g. the Double Helix for 4 are priced at £790 minus the tyres, whilst the configurator indicates that with the tyres and included it will be £2000.

http://accessories.jaguar.com/gb/en/f-pace/wheels-wheel-accessories/wheels/t4a3796-alloy-wheel-22-double-helix-15-spoke-with-silver-finish-and-dark-inserts/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Is there much difference in price ??
One quick search shows jag continental or pirellis at £230 each fitted.
That's not much more than the 20s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
The 22's look great BUT most of the time it matters more when you are driving. Our experience with the FE and the 22's was a fairly bumpy ride and extremely loud road noise (unbelievably loud) on any kind of concrete road. Any potential buyer should try a couple of demonstrators with the different wheels if possible. Many people will love the 22's but some probably will not. Try before you buy to avoid a painful mistake!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
You must have been driving a different car to me ....
No matter what car you buy ...road noise from a concrete road is bad.....stay off them or turn the music up... :lol:
Fit a roof rack then you'd have something to listen to :eek:

Absolutely nothing wrong with 22s imo. :eek: :shock: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Habxxx said:
The 22's look great BUT most of the time it matters more when you are driving. Our experience with the FE and the 22's was a fairly bumpy ride and extremely loud road noise (unbelievably loud) on any kind of concrete road. Any potential buyer should try a couple of demonstrators with the different wheels if possible. Many people will love the 22's but some probably will not. Try before you buy to avoid a painful mistake!
Not my experience in the slightest.

The ride quality/noise levels on the FP 3.0d S with 22s match or improve on my RRE 2.0si4 dynamic with 20s on all surfaces.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top