Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, picked up my F-Pace (2.0 R Sport) yesterday morning and aside from a pretty glaring mis-spec error on the part of the dealer (which I'll not go into here) and a tailgate which intermittently fails to open properly, I've been really impressed from my first 24 hours or so. The handling is stunning for a car of its size - far more enjoyable to drive than my old Evoque which I wasn't necessarily expecting given the extra length and weight.

My only minor frustration is around the sound system, particularly when it comes to playing music via bluetooth. For starters, the audio in general just seems a little 'tinny' and lacking in quality - I guess in hindsight I should have opted for one of the Meridian systems but hey ho. However, when I play music via bluetooth the volume is very low, even with the volume set to the highest level on my phone.

If I plug my phone in via USB it's fine, it's just that if I'm doing a short journey I tend just to keep my phone in my pocket for convenience. It's about as first world a problem as they come, but it's annoying nevertheless as it makes the bluetooth feature pretty much unusable - any ideas if there's an easy solution?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JPA said:
So, picked up my F-Pace (2.0 R Sport) yesterday morning and aside from a pretty glaring mis-spec error on the part of the dealer (which I'll not go into here) and a tailgate which intermittently fails to open properly, I've been really impressed from my first 24 hours or so. The handling is stunning for a car of its size - far more enjoyable to drive than my old Evoque which I wasn't necessarily expecting given the extra length and weight.

My only minor frustration is around the sound system, particularly when it comes to playing music via bluetooth. For starters, the audio in general just seems a little 'tinny' and lacking in quality - I guess in hindsight I should have opted for one of the Meridian systems but hey ho. However, when I play music via bluetooth the volume is very low, even with the volume set to the highest level on my phone.

If I plug my phone in via USB it's fine, it's just that if I'm doing a short journey I tend just to keep my phone in my pocket for convenience. It's about as first world a problem as they come, but it's annoying nevertheless - any ideas if there's an easy solution?

Cheers!
Do you not have a USB socket under the centre console cover.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
JPA said:

If I plug my phone in via USB it's fine, it's just that if I'm doing a short journey I tend just to keep my phone in my pocket for convenience. It's about as first world a problem as they come, but it's annoying nevertheless - any ideas if there's an easy solution?

Cheers!
Do you not have a USB socket under the centre console cover.?
Yeah, as I mentioned I do and it works fine that way, it's just that for short journeys I prefer the convenience of keeping my phone in my pocket (primarily so I don't end up leaving my phone in the car!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just reading some other threads, I didn't realise I could simply use a USB stick rather than connecting my iPhone via USB. How does this work - can I simply put my iTunes library onto a USB and it will work as per the 'iPod' functionality - i.e. full browse functions, album art etc.?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes just drag and drop songs from iTunes to USB. I did it on a mac. Plug in and works as a media source.

The Bluetooth I've found ok when ive used it a few times sometimes accidentally. It's loud. Could it be a settings on your phone iTunes. There was a thread about that and output volume I'm sure.
Ideally use the cable or a USB stick but Bluetooth music should be fine so worth looking at settings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts