Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/jaguar-f-pace-audis-biggest-worry-launches-new-q5/126264

To quote part of the article:
"A spokesman for Audi AG said: 'Some people buy on looks for sure, and Jaguar did a really good job with the F-Pace. And for sure it is fresh on the market, but design-wise it is subjective. However, it is on our radar.'
'On our radar' is German car manufacturer speak for 'We've studied it carefully and are more worried than we would be usually' "

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The new Q5 will be stunningly built. I took the outgoing SQ5 Plus out for a spin and it feels as if it's hewn out of a single piece of metal.

I had intended to wait for the new SQ5 but I'm glad I didn't .. the design is soooo dull. It will sell in droves of course and is probably a more sensible choice than the F Pace ... but where's the passion?? Interesting to note they expect residuals on the FP to better the Q5. I think that's unlikely but will be very happy to be proved wrong.

·
Registered
307 Posts
^ I'm with you on this. I also nearly but pen to paper and signed for a SQ5 after I walked out of my local jag dealership ( not willing to budge at all on any freebies. Being a cash buyer with no part x, they didn't really want my trade). The only reason for the Audi was that engine :cool: but being offered 10k off the price of a new car is a big worry for me, as it has a huge knock on affect with used prices. but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself each day looking at the sooooooo boring shape of the Audi.
So with my tail between my legs I returned to the jag dealership, the rest as they say is history.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I think you can not knock the build quality and engineering with the new Audi's but design wise they need to move away from the box on wheel look of there current SUV's, now if they could get the look right they would be everyone's first port of call for sure.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Doug said:
^ I'm with you on this. I also nearly but pen to paper and signed for a SQ5 after I walked out of my local jag dealership ( not willing to budge at all on any freebies. Being a cash buyer with no part x, they didn't really want my trade). The only reason for the Audi was that engine :cool: but being offered 10k off the price of a new car is a big worry for me, as it has a huge knock on affect with used prices. but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself each day looking at the sooooooo boring shape of the Audi.
So with my tail between my legs I returned to the jag dealership, the rest as they say is history.
The new SQ5 engine will use the 48V electric compressor technology from the SQ7 with an estimated 365hp (390hp version coming later) eliminating turbo lag. I suspect it will be the new benchmark engine in the catagory. If they can do something about the detached steering then it could give the Macan and FP a run for their money.

It will still look "meh" tho :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
The new Q5 will be stunningly built. I took the outgoing SQ5 Plus out for a spin and it feels as if it's hewn out of a single piece of metal.

I had intended to wait for the new SQ5 but I'm glad I didn't .. the design is soooo dull. It will sell in droves of course and is probably a more sensible choice than the F Pace ... but where's the passion?? Interesting to note they expect residuals on the FP to better the Q5. I think that's unlikely but will be very happy to be proved wrong.
Totally agree jlr nearly bought sq5 plus ,very well put together,very rapid machine and nice place to be ,steering feedback not as good as fpace or looks, £8k discount helped but 10 week delivery ,that was the killer for me
Looks aren't everything in life though and doubt very much the fpace will have a better residual even with a new q5 out soon( what a stinker that looks like )

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I cannot get over its boring looks, engine maybe fantastic, but all Audi's are just so dull, especially on the inside

·
Registered
948 Posts
I had an SQ5 on order when came out first with deposit paid but it was just at the time when the dealership was taken over by Sytners and well the rest is history.

Huge Audi fan, can't knock the engineering or the build but compared the F Pace the handling finesse of the SQ5 is well short and ultimately that's why you pay the extra for the performance and the Audi doesn't hack it in my eyes.... maybe the replacement will do a better job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.