Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F Pace has now been at the dealership for 2 weeks.
It went in because the deplorable tow bar would not deploy. That was sorted in two days. When it went in i mentioned a few other items i would like them to look at, most of which have been dealt with by the software update. Apart from one.

About every 10 minutes the ICTP screen flickers. It is noticeable and distracting while driving. The Dealership have seen and documented it, sent a video of it to JLR technical, and they keep on with try this, try that, they the other. Nothing makes difference and the dealership beiges the screen to have a fault on the touch sensors. But they will not replace it until they get the go ahead. they have even ordered the screen in because they are convinced its faulty.

TEN DAYS AND JLR ARE MESSING AROUND FOR THE COST OF A SCREEN!

If there is anyone on this forum with an ounce of ability to intervene, I wold like my car back. Don't get me wrong the dealership call e every day with an update, and have given me a very nice courtesy car, but the novelty has now worn out and i would like the car i have only had for four weeks back so that i can begin to enjoy it,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Bigfoot,

sorry for the delay.

You might have the same problems as many others associated with ICTP (In Control Touch Pro)
There are known issues with this and fixes appear on Jaguars Topix website.

Your dealer will have access to Topix and can, if required, download a later version of the software.
It is now at 2.5_006 i think.

Good luck, and if you need to gain insight, search for 'Patch 3' or I'CTP problems' on this forum.

G

·
Hello

same for me with my XE S .. has been at the dealers for 6 days for the non functioning Cd player .. and when you use it it causes the ITCP screen to freeze.

They have the new unit ordered and delivered .. but JLR are insisting on more checks so will not authorise the dealer to change the part

all in all a very frustrating period for my new jaguar purchase :(

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am afraid I am the same, 6 days in the dealers with no fix yet so for grumbling front end ( excuse the pun!) and they are saying JLR are at a loss what to do so far, same with a gearbox hesitation, also washer jets, seat upholstery and ITCP software update, although I am told this has been done perfectly. I will judge that on its return whenever that is!

·
Registered
207 Posts
bigfoot said:
My F Pace has now been at the dealership for 2 weeks.
It went in because the deplorable tow bar would not deploy. That was sorted in two days. When it went in i mentioned a few other items i would like them to look at, most of which have been dealt with by the software update. Apart from one.

About every 10 minutes the ICTP screen flickers. It is noticeable and distracting while driving. The Dealership have seen and documented it, sent a video of it to JLR technical, and they keep on with try this, try that, they the other. Nothing makes difference and the dealership beiges the screen to have a fault on the touch sensors. But they will not replace it until they get the go ahead. they have even ordered the screen in because they are convinced its faulty.

TEN DAYS AND JLR ARE MESSING AROUND FOR THE COST OF A SCREEN!

If there is anyone on this forum with an ounce of ability to intervene, I wold like my car back. Don't get me wrong the dealership call e every day with an update, and have given me a very nice courtesy car, but the novelty has now worn out and i would like the car i have only had for four weeks back so that i can begin to enjoy it,
Good afternoon Bigfoot,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of the amount of time taken for your concern to be investigated further, and for any inconvenience this may have caused. I can appreciate your frustration with regards to the concern, and can also appreciate that you would like to receive your vehicle back.

I would like to investigate this further for you, however in order for me to do so, can you please kindly provide your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts