Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in communication with Jaguar and dealer re returning my car. I had made it extremely plain that due to the many problems with ITCP ( that have caused me to have 2 accidents ) and they ongoing saga of the bonnet that moves all over the place my patience has run out.

I received a call from the Dealerships sales manager I thought here we go action at last, was i wrong .

The line was the new ICTP release will sort all your problems, I replied I had no confidence in Jaguar to solve all the issues and even if they do it still doesn't solve my bonnet issue, he replied what bonnet issue !!! 18 weeks problem reported when collecting car, 5 attempts to solve.

I said what about returning the car he said wait for the update, The Sheer arrogance of Jaguar deliver a shoddy product at top price use me and the other owners as beta testers for 5 months, costing me money as I have paid an excess on my accident and lost a 30 year perfect driving record and my no claims , not one word about how can we compensate you !!! OFF Jaguar.

Emailed them to say I am rejecting the car under the consumer act 2015 I am sure it will be a battle but I am confident the law is on my side.

jaguarfpaceproblems.com will spend time and money on this site to tell the world about my jaguar experience

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
I too will be looking to return the car due to ICTPissues if Jaguar don't fix the problems in the software update.

I agree that we are being used as beta testers for Jaguar here.
Its a shame as I wanted to be a flag waver for UK plc.... i just cant imagine BMW/Audi/Porsche/MB or Volvo putting out a system that isn't tested like this.

If Jaguar say its an isolated case just PM me. Think Jaguar might be more understanding if those who have ICTP make themselves known to each other.
Just in case.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate - I do feel for you!

Forum seems relatively quiet at the moment, I think there are quite a few people holding their breath waiting for this update to come out and resolve everybody's issues.
Personally I think people (including myself) will need to manage their expectations with regard to Jaguars ability to implement this - however good it turns out to be.

...might just be the calm before the storm.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been in software development for over 20 years and without exception make the existing platform work properly before adding more features is the best way to develop. Jaguar may get it right but if they do I will be astonished.

·
Registered
458 Posts
FPTrevor said:
I have been in software development for over 20 years and without exception make the existing platform work properly before adding more features is the best way to develop. Jaguar may get it right but if they do I will be astonished.
Yes - that's how they're going - We have a product development roadmap and programme and we're sticking to it...regardless!

In all honesty, given the range of issus that have been reported - albeit they occur ad hoc and are not being fully collated and documented - mostly anecdotally, I doubt that the software engineers - who I am sure are working flat out on this - really know the problem/s that they are attempting to resolve and the configurations and circumstances to be able to replicate the problem. It's difficult for us to know because of the complete lack of information (or even acknowledgement) from Jaguar regarding the problems and what they perceive to be the cause.

The questionaire I filled in was a step in the right direction, but it seems nobody else on here was sent this. So either their problem assessment is based on a sample size of 1, or maybe they are just going to fix mine?

I must say though, it does enlighten us as to why NONE of the demonstrator cars at launch time (and since) had the ICTP.
Given that this is a flagship product that is to roll out across all models.
When I asked this exact question they told me it was to keep the dealer stock cost down. I know now that was bollocks and it's because the system is a crock of shit (and they knew it then)!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I must say though, it does enlighten us as to why NONE of the demonstrator cars at launch time (and since) had the ICTP.
Last sunday i was attending the Jaguar - Art of Performance Tour in Belgium and all F-Paces i saw did have ICTP. During the 45 minute test drive in 2 different cars i did not notice any error.

I am expecting my car later this month. I hope it will be trouble free but after reading about all the issues i am prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Waynem said:
They're not going to let you hand those cars back ..with out a fight ...I suspect there is some clause :( :eek: :shock:
They will kick and scream but the consumers rights will prevail, but they will attempt to keep everyone compartmentalised and deal with each case 'on it's own merits'
The alternative is that they knock everyone back and it develops into a class-action thing which is the last thing Jaguar want - I wonder what they are doing in the states? - wouldn't expect they would stand for too much dicking around?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Pos.k said:
FPTrevor said:
Yes - that's how they're going - We have a product development roadmap and programme and we're sticking to it...regardless!

In all honesty, given the range of issus that have been reported - albeit they occur ad hoc and are not being fully collated and documented - mostly anecdotally, I doubt that the software engineers - who I am sure are working flat out on this - really know the problem/s that they are attempting to resolve and the configurations and circumstances to be able to replicate the problem. It's difficult for us to know because of the complete lack of information (or even acknowledgement) from Jaguar regarding the problems and what they perceive to be the cause.

The questionaire I filled in was a step in the right direction, but it seems nobody else on here was sent this. So either their problem assessment is based on a sample size of 1, or maybe they are just going to fix mine?

Given that this is a flagship product that is to roll out across all models.
When I asked this exact question they told me it was to keep the dealer stock cost down. I know now that was bollocks and it's because the system is a crock of shit (and they knew it then)!
Ok I am going to give jag the benefit of the doubt on the demonstrator point, because I think the problems have only arisen from people using all of the features, rather than doing runs around the block with the radio on.

Where Jag could have helped themselves, is the developers could have been following the problems on here, as they are well documented, and amended accordingly....which....maybe....is patch 2.... you never know.....

The question whether the car "is not fit for purpose" because the ITCP doesn't work is of course a soon to be confirmed point, but I would agree with the above and say that it is going to be a fight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel with you, but that is the arrogance of all automobile manufacturers.

So reliable the cars were a few years ago, it will never be.
Infotainment systems are becoming increasingly complex, and considerable problems are reported in all forums of other manufacturers.
The Incontrol Touch pro is not manufactured by Jaguar, but by Bosch.
Therefore, Jaguar has only a conditional influence on the quality of the system. This is not an excuse, but explains the helplessness Jaguars and the delay of the updates.
Bosch also produces the infotainment systems for about 70% of the automotive industry.

Apart from the infotainment system, the car, the first SUV Jaguar, has surprisingly fewer problems than expected.

So I would wait with the change.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the rear camera doesn't work correctly and causes an accident and in fact makes the car dangerous especially in an environment like a supermarket car park it is 100% not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
FPTrevor said:
When the rear camera doesn't work correctly and causes an accident and in fact makes the car dangerous especially in an environment like a supermarket car park it is 100% not fit for purpose.
Trevor, is the camera variable? as in right sometimes and wrong others? or is it just always wrong? Former is not fit for purpose, latter is a tougher argument to reject as is probably fixable because they do not all do that.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
This really is not acceptable, they have issues but they seem to think that people do not talk on sites like this and share there experiences good or bad, just one bad review could stop a potential buyer which in the long run hurts there sales figures, they can sing and dance about it being the biggest selling Jaguar of all time, but if its crap its crap and crap sticks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a line from an email from the executive office "Please rest assured I endeavour to get this matter resolved to your satisfaction and will continue to work with you and the Retailer in order to do so. " Bullshit they just don't care if they did they would be doing something to make me a happy customer not a a totally P!!! off one and not just saying wait to the next update.

Il be working on jaguarfpaceproblems.com over the weekend and will have it live on mMonday showcasing owners problems. I also posted on the facebook page and will continue a social media campaign highlighting problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Here is a line from an email from the executive office "Please rest assured I endeavour to get this matter resolved to your satisfaction and will continue to work with you and the Retailer in order to do so. " Bullshit they just don't care if they did they would be doing something to make me a happy customer not a a totally P!!! off one and not just saying wait to the next update.

Il be working on jaguarfpaceproblems.com over the weekend and will have it live on mMonday showcasing owners problems. I also posted on the facebook page and will continue a social media campaign highlighting problems.
As long as what your stating is facts and nothing else then there is not much they can do about the new website, its only when the facts are stretched you could have issues with the legal department at Jaguar when starting what is clearly a site at discrediting one of there products.

Please tread carefully.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
As the issues are mainly with the ITCP, as Intel were the partners would it not be an Intel system which means are they not as much involved as Jaguar?

Will it be Intel staff working on these issues or Jaguar staff?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts