Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 663
View attachment 1789
View attachment 1788
View attachment 1787
View attachment 1785
View attachment 1784
View attachment 1786

4 months after placing the initial order, she's arrived. Delighted with the choice of spec and I owe that to many of you on here. Without reading every post since late April I definitely wouldn't have ended up with this configuration, so thanks to the early adopters (DAL, Gman, etc) and those such as Arianne who deliberated between 2.0 and 3.0 and of course Carl who just cracks me up (laughing with you mate, not at you .. well not all the time lol)

Delighted with the colour combo. The Glacier White is white, blue, grey and everything in between depending on what the sun/clouds are doing. So completely different from the Fuji white I had on the Evoque. I never would have gone for black wheels or black pack if it wasn't for this forum and I think it looks the mutts nutts.

It only has 38 miles on the clock but already I can tell the 3.0 diesel is the right motor for me. I can't imagine I will ever go over 3000rpm! The way it builds speed is phenomenal. And with zero drama. Of course it doesn't have the aural delights of the SC but there's almost no noise or vibration. Far less of both than there was in my petrol evoque. It also feels incredibly well screwed together in a way that the evoque never quite did.

There are a few issues however despite having given the dealer an extensive list of things to check at PDI. The front bumper is slightly out of alignment. Not massively noticeable (didn't spot it at handover) but it's pushed up and back slightly on the RHS. I'm sure it's an easy adjustment but annoying as I specifically asked for all panels to be thoroughly checked.

I can't rip a CD. I've tried 3 or 4. Just won't happen. Says it's doing it, but after 5,10 or even 20 minutes there's no files in the media library.

Pano sunshade has a mind of it's own. Sometimes one touch works, and 90% of the time it will only go half way back.

ITCP feels glitchy. It's lost a bluetooth connection already, and won't play a few tracks from my iPhone. Plug in the cable on some times it appears as a media source and some times not. Needs a lot of further playing.

Also, as mentioned by many here, the 825W meridian isn't up to the one fitted in the Evoque .. that's a pretty big disappointment. I've posted on the specific thread about that one.

Dealer handover was great. They've done an excellent job applying the Autoglym Lifeshine - I've looked really closely at every panel (mind you White does hide imperfections) and they gave me a bottle of vintage Tattinger plus two lovely Jag keyrings with a solid chrome 'leaper' .. oh and of course I had the 4.9% finance, free Lifeshine and service pack. Happy so far, let's see how they fair when it goes back to have these early issues resolved.

Already seen two more this morning around Wimbledon, so I'm guessing they will soon be rare no more!

Oh by the way, seems incredible but just as an aside .. My dealer was expecting one transporter to turn up, but three did, so he had the pleasure of calling a number of owners who weren't expecting their cars until later in September. Seems a tad chaotic tho!

Will keep you posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Certainly looks the DOGS B's :)......

The exterior and seating just as my 3rd 'final ' spec until I decided to jump configuration one final time to point of no return :)

I can guarantee that you will enjoy the 3.0D and that you will go over 3000 rpm when you've run it in and go for sport dynamic mode or 'flappy paddle' shifting down a great country lane!

Enjoy the driving and just sit and wait for the fix to the ICTP issues .... Andy

·
Registered
948 Posts
Glacier White is the only way to go.... especially with black pack and black rims, but you already knew I'd be saying that. lol

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Very nice indeed, shame about the front bumper, I had a similar issue with the passenger door being out, I know others have said they have visited the factory and there are people checking this at final inspection but it does make me wonder just what and how they check with so many having poor panel alignments.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
50-60k for a car and this heading appears " ... only a few faults", I like the car and I'm sure you get it all sorted but it really is a shame jaguar cannot deliver what you pay for!

Jaguar please read this forum..... this is not the 1980's with BL in control

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was of course being ironic ;-)

Dealer rang yesterday afternoon to see how I was getting on so of course I gave him the list of issues found so far. Of course hugely apologetic and "please bring it in at your earliest convenience" ... as of this morning I can't get it to read any track info from a CD .... sigh.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks great! Same as the one I test drove recently but the quietness of the Diesel and the desire for a noisier engine is what's enticing me to the V6 petrol.
BTW, which dealer did you get it from?
I'm also in West London and will probably buy from Jaguar West London after they finally made started making an effort.
Only difference on my spec will probably be Ammonite grey and of course the petrol but I can't find any pictures anywhere of Ammonite with the black 22 inch wheels etc!

Cheers

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jaguar West London is my local dealer but wouldn't go back on principal. Dreadful customer service on the two occasions I tried to test drive a car.

I went a little further afield to Harwoods Croydon. Great customer service. Ask for Tom or Ben.

·
Registered
237 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Jaguar West London is my local dealer but wouldn't go back on principal. Dreadful customer service on the two occasions I tried to test drive a car.

I went a little further afield to Harwoods Croydon. Great customer service. Ask for Tom or Ben.
OK, thanks. When I had booked in to test drive in West London they advised me that there was no V6 available 5 mins before my test drive but hadn't bothered to phone me to tell me. Did it 2 weeks later with a bloke who seemed relatively decent.
Dropped a test drive request to Croydon and heard nothing back but I'll give them a call next week. Can't seem to find anyone who has the V6 petrol though!
Cheers

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If you get white the black pack is certainly a must. Does make it look good though I'm not really a fan of white at all and the way the shut lines show up etc.
Interesting you say it's got subtle colour changes depending on the weather - sounds quite nice

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks stunning JLR, great choice, enjoy :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DAL said:
Cheers DAL.

As one of the 'originals' how are you getting on with ICTP?

I've had no camera or satnav issues, but plenty of issues connecting to USB/ipod and ripping to media centre.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
DAL said:
Cheers DAL.

As one of the 'originals' how are you getting on with ICTP?

I've had no camera or satnav issues, but plenty of issues connecting to USB/ipod and ripping to media centre.
Maybe that's why I'm not having any real issues - not tried ripping to media centre, what's the idea there can you do it from iPhone and save to internal storage so you don't have to connect ? Or is it more for CD / USB MP3 rip to internal storage - then I guess you just play from media centre.
Not something I've thought about as have loads of music on iPhone but it's a good idea - store them all there makes it easy.Whats the storage capacity do you know ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts