Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys but read somewhere about Arianne questioning wheel choice? Despite my efforts I can't find the thread. Just throwing in my 2 penny worth. PERSONALLY I don't like wheels under 22" as they don't fit the car! Ride wise....really?? The smaller wheels argue a softer ride...maybe but this is a drivers car!!! 22" is the way to go. So it's standard grey or black.... the grey look fab as per JA65 CAT but if you want the slightly more edgy gansta look black is the way. My son didn't realise the black was gloss inserts with satin Matt wheels. This is where I feel the 22" come into their own, gloss wheels particularly black against bodywork are toooooo shiny!!! Need some character so subject to body colour defo 22" dble helix grey or black your choice. Myself and JA65 CAT gone same body colour, same wheels, opposing wheel colours....obviously I chose right his a very good second!! Washed my car today and and had a smug yes black is best smile on my face!!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Got 22's on my Fpace and to me they suit the car, think you could go to 23 or 24 and they will still look good.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Sorry Carl, you may be a 'brother in Ammonite' and I love your passion for your choice, but you're entitled to your wrong opinion here . . me, I'm completely happy with my 19" Bionics, they look fab, they work beautifully with the Ammonite and the ride is faultless . . . each to their own, but there's always more than one way to spec a cat . . :p

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
22's all day, but my friend, silver is where it is at, black loses all of the detail, look like great big holes in photos LOL

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nooooo, you missing the point on black helix!! The chav black or gloss and shiny, as chavs like!! The 22" have gloss inserts but wheels are satin Matt AKA Quality!!! Hahahaha!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JA65 CAT knows he cocked up on wheels, but hands up he has the best plate for the car!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
corriescar66 said:
When you lost your plastic hub caps you used to end up with matt black wheels too.... :)
Lol so true!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks people, especially Carl.

I have settled on silver/black 22" double helix rims on my IRR S without a Black Pack.

I prefer the 22" wheels, the family don't agree and think 20" is fine. They think the ride on 20" rims will be better and so believe the money can be better spent elsewhere. I have seen the car in 20" in real life and it looks fine but I am smitten by the 22" wheels which, in my opinion, look fabulous. The family have said that it's my choice and they will support whatever I decide, so 22" silver/black double helix it is!

I know this is right for me..... my inner voice has stopped troubling me!

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will look fab Arianne. To be fair the grey will look best without a black pack. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.