Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first ever SUV. It got me wondering how many of us consider ourselves proper SUV drivers. Give yourselves a point for each of the following statements you can say yes to:
1) I sit in my car in the supermarket car park while my partner does the shopping
2) When passing a parked car on my side of the road, I don't wait for oncoming traffic, ideally forcing them into the grass verge, then shake an angry fist at them for not waiting
3) I regularly use the 4 wheel drive to go off-roading (near side wheels encroach onto front lawn)
4) My car is regularly used in demanding situations which require a ruggedly engineered vehicle ( picking kids up from school)
5) I am one fat f***er!
6) Yes I DO own the road actually
7) I carry my walking stick in the boot at all times to support my incapacity benefit claim
8) Most weekends I can be seen entertaining locals at various beauty spots, spending 20 minutes trying to park my car
9) I like to team up with other SUV drivers in car parks to sandwich a helpless FIAT Panda driver - even if they are parked in a remote corner of the car park
10) I have reinforced steel bars separating the boot from the cabin to stop my chihuahua from savaging granny

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bonkers said:
So this is my first ever SUV. It got me wondering how many of us consider ourselves proper SUV drivers. Give yourselves a point for each of the following statements you can say yes to:
1) I sit in my car in the supermarket car park while my partner does the shopping
2) When passing a parked car on my side of the road, I don't wait for oncoming traffic, ideally forcing them into the grass verge, then shake an angry fist at them for not waiting
3) I regularly use the 4 wheel drive to go off-roading (near side wheels encroach onto front lawn)
4) My car is regularly used in demanding situations which require a ruggedly engineered vehicle ( picking kids up from school)
5) I am one fat f***er!
6) Yes I DO own the road actually
7) I carry my walking stick in the boot at all times to support my incapacity benefit claim
8) Most weekends I can be seen entertaining locals at various beauty spots, spending 20 minutes trying to park my car
9) I like to team up with other SUV drivers in car parks to sandwich a helpless FIAT Panda driver - even if they are parked in a remote corner of the car park
10) I have reinforced steel bars separating the boot from the cabin to stop my chihuahua from savaging granny
Having read the above characteristics I currently fail to fit the mould for a "proper SUVs driver" this may be partly due to the fact that my last 4 cars have been VW Golfs.

So...I have the F Pace on order for early next year. Plenty time to begin working on these requirements so I don't let the side down!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sadly I scored 4/10, but have owned Freelander 1, Freelander 2's, Discovery 4's and an Evoque so feel by Grandad rights even if I don't qualify by points I should by loyalty to the brand of JLR!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This will be my third SUV but the previous two have been Volvo XC60 and XC90. Clarkson says that drivers in Volvo SUVs are the only SUV users not hated by other road users, so it must be true!

Arianne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts