Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Are those of you who........................................

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RaVolVoR 
#1 ·
...............................don't have ICTP fairly happy with the rest of the car?

#2 ·
:D Forgive me, but I can see where this theme of thread will end up in a few weeks....

"Are those of you with F-Pace cars happy with your dust caps?"

If you keep narrowing it down then eventually we will have a 100% positive response :lol:

Just a sideways glance at life, don't take me too seriously.

Arianne

#4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
... and why can't those of us *with* ICTP comment on the rest of our cars? Does our selection of ICTP suddenly render our opinions inconsequential?

;)

PS I do like the dust caps :lol:
JLR5, you have been scarred my friend from the experience of ICTP. This renders you ineligible to comment in a balanced and unbiased manner upon any other aspect of the car :(

Now then folks, more seriously - DIW & I want to know whether we're gambling with our hard earned cash on the 2016 equivalent of an Alfasud / Lancia Delta or something more reliable?

So maybe the question should read:

Apart from anything connected with ICTP, are you F-Pace owners happy with your cars?

Arianne

PS. In all fairness to the OP, and in common with what's happened on the US forum, almost every thread does feel as if it gets hijacked by the ICTP issue and the general vibe of this forum has taken a real turn towards 'problems' lately. The US folk discussed it and have chosen to try their best to keep ICTP in the threads that are dedicated to the topic. I was a member of the forum before the 18 April launch and, for obvious reasons, it had a very different feel to it. I am not suggesting that the issues folk are facing are not very real and serious (mindful as I am that I haven't yet taken delivery of my own car or parted with my £57k yet), but is it really that bad? I will now hunker down with my tin hat on as I suspect a barrage will be heading my way soon :shock:

#6 ·
Arianne said:
JLRnumber5 said:
... and why can't those of us *with* ICTP comment on the rest of our cars? Does our selection of ICTP suddenly render our opinions inconsequential?

;)

PS I do like the dust caps :lol:
JLR5, you have been scarred my friend from the experience of ICTP. This renders you ineligible to comment in a balanced and unbiased manner upon any other aspect of the car :(

Now then folks, more seriously - DIW & I want to know whether we're gambling with our hard earned cash on the 2016 equivalent of an Alfasud / Lancia Delta or something more reliable?

So maybe the question should read:

Apart from anything connected with ICTP, are you F-Pace owners happy with your cars?

Arianne

PS. In all fairness to the OP, and in common with what's happened on the US forum, almost every thread does feel as if it gets hijacked by the ICTP issue and the general vibe of this forum has taken a real turn towards 'problems' lately. The US folk discussed it and have chosen to try their best to keep ICTP in the threads that are dedicated to the topic. I was a member of the forum before the 18 April launch and, for obvious reasons, it had a very different feel to it. I am not suggesting that the issues folk are facing are not very real and serious (mindful as I am that I haven't yet taken delivery of my own car or parted with my £57k yet), but is it really that bad? I will now hunker down with my tin hat on as I suspect a barrage will be heading my way soon :shock:
Good point. My posts on Dog Reiki, Miles per Gallon, and Devon Commutes are entirely unadultered by ICTP foibles :)

So let's assume ICTP is going to get fixed (I honestly think JLR are screwed if it doesn't - as the technology hub for every new model they simply can't afford for it to fail) then I can wholeheartedly recommend the car. Unequivocally.

Yes I have non-ICTP issues. They are:

Misaligned front bumper
Sunroof and blind intermittently not working
App telling me windows are left open or the car is unlocked when it's not
Miscalibrated rear parking guides
Static sounds from rear parking sensors (maybe ICTP linked)

Whilst irritating none of these have taken away from the enjoyment and thrill of owning it. OK I am only a month in, but I find all sorts of reasons to either have a quick look out of the window at it, or pop down to the local supermarket for something I don't really need.

In fact the only real disappointment is it's not as good an urban car as my Evoque was. The Evoque handles urban roads (speed humps, pot holes, etc) better than the FP and of course was easier to park!

Even with my list of issues I would make the same buying decision all over again. Now ask me that again in a month's time ;)

#7 ·
I have a lazy near side mirror, it struggles to return to original position after reversing. I'm still not convinced on ride quality in standard mode, going to have to find another car (from another dealer) for side by side comparison. The 2.0 economy is disappointing, 1600 miles in and struggle to get 40mpg, still wouldn't have bought bigger engine, I'd have lost my licence by now as the car is fun to drive except around town. But I really like my F-Pace and do not regret buying it at all.

PS I don't like the dust caps, they clash with my mud flaps, they should have been black!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.