Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread!

Picked my 67 F-Pace up this weekend and it has the InControl Touch Pro, booked with my local dealer to get CarPlay and was quoted £190 (fine)! When I took it in the advised me that it could well crash that car and require a new ICU, sounds like bull to me, has anyone experienced this when getting the CarPlay features switched on?
There are some on here who have successfully had it done. But it is true, there is a chance it will brick the infotainment unit and require replacement which runs in to 4 figures. Enough of a chance that officially Jaguar withdrew the upgrade, although it is still available for dealers to install at their discretion or if there is a fault that requires software update to be applied.

I have just had mine done a couple of weeks back on my 66 plate, and Carplay is working great. However it has caused a separate issue with the in built nav which now thinks it is in the middle of the ocean at "Null island". So it's got to go back for 3 days to allow JLR tech to get involved as the dealer can't find the issue. On the plus it didn't brick the infotainment unit!

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are some on here who have successfully had it done. But it is true, there is a chance it will brick the infotainment unit and require replacement which runs in to 4 figures. Enough of a chance that officially Jaguar withdrew the upgrade, although it is still available for dealers to install at their discretion or if there is a fault that requires software update to be applied.

I have just had mine done a couple of weeks back on my 66 plate, and Carplay is working great. However it has caused a separate issue with the in built nav which now thinks it is in the middle of the ocean at "Null island". So it's got to go back for 3 days to allow JLR tech to get involved as the dealer can't find the issue. On the plus it didn't brick the infotainment unit!

Really appreciate the reply.

I'm really torn between just leaving the control touch pro in play with a SIM to make it 'Live' or running the risk of CarPlay.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very hard to offer advice. It depends on your risk tolerance and willingness to pay if it goes wrong as you state not covered by your warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to add my experience, I had mine updated to work with Apple car play and Android auto. Was told it was only free in warranty and therfore they charged me £100. It's been fine and works well.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts