Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will it just be for the pro or the basic as well do you think?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'd suspect it will be a cost option on new cars. Not used apple CarPlay personally but I always thought it was a standalone platform not something that would run in conjunction with the ICT range

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Interesting if so but not holds by my breath on quality of implementation

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you honestly think it will work ?? They should fix what's broken first before they move on to new projects
6 months from now jaguar will be finished unless they get this shambles sorted and it's not just the Ictp. Mine was rejected without this, it was put together by a bunch of 10 year olds not 100million worth of computers

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ro66ter said:
Do you honestly think it will work ?? They should fix what's broken first before they move on to new projects
6 months from now jaguar will be finished unless they get this shambles sorted and it's not just the Ictp. Mine was rejected without this, it was put together by a bunch of 10 year olds not 100million worth of computers
Yes it was basically released a year too early and I also don't believe they thought the problem was as bad as it has been on a limited number of test cars. In about 4/5 months I'm sure it will be OK as the 2.5 is a massive improvement.
Loads more items work for me now that I ignored before such as journey synching and home page shortcuts !! Small things.

The hardware they have used isn't up to the job either. It's JUST about OK and looks like a bean counter decision. Put another twenty pounds in and I'm sure a better processor or a chipset with a bit more ram was achievable maybe £40 lets push this out to a nicer bit of hardware. The SSD for your media player is tiny. I just bought a 120gb SSD for £43 yesterday and it's a decent brand one so again not huge money for extra storage. Just seems they have rushed things out and gone with the more basic materials they can. Almost feels like the cockpit in some areas.

Could have given me the option. ICT Pro + - £ 290 extra for faster processing power and a bigger storage media player.
I'd have bought that.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Will it just be for the pro or the basic as well do you think?
That picture, as shown on the OP, is very confusing. It shows the upgraded wider infotainment screen, but with the analogue dials . . . this was not an option when I was configurating :?

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Thanks Kaspa, yes, I see the difference now, so that makes much more sense, thank you.

. . . although I still don't know the reason why it wasn't an available option choice with the F-Pace, I'd probably have gone for that combo if it had been

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
catwoman said:
Thanks Kaspa, yes, I see the difference now, so that makes much more sense, thank you.

. . . although I still don't know the reason why it wasn't an available option choice with the F-Pace, I'd probably have gone for that combo if it had been
It is quite funny how we all differ, personally I prefer the digital dials after spending time with both

·
Registered
245 Posts
JLR will also need to make a quantum leap in voice recognition functionality within ICTP if Apple CarPlay is going to be a reality. Having said that, and according to a statement in an article by Peter Virk (Director of Connected Technologies and Apps) in the latest Jaguar Magazine; "We now have 28 people in Apps alone and 400-500 in total for infotainment". Hopefully there will be enough Electronic Engineering MSc's in this bunch to sort things out, eventually... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts