Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Apologise if this has been brought up before but, having placed an order for an F-pace with a date of March 2017, I was just wondering if anyone knows when Apple car play will be available and will it be standard on all F-pace systems?

And...can it be fitted to existing systems?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Do you really buy a car for one tech feature?

Is having it a deal breaker? If yes to both then you have made a mistake. If no, then you'll be fine.

The iPhone apps work for me, the phone connects and calls without problems, and all my library works. I doubt having direct apple car play is going to hinder you too much.

·
Registered
161 Posts
WelshJag said:
Oh right!

Starting to think I should have ordered a BMW or Audi...this forum doesn't seem like a good advert for the F-Pace.

Hope I haven't made a mistake :(
The F Pace is a great car! Don't be disheartened by the negativity of this forum. Unfortunately, there are a few unlucky punters out there (and I feel for them) who have been very good at sharing their experience in an effort to help others avoid the same woes but I am sure there is also a silent majority who are very happy with their choice and happy punters tend to be quiet punters :D

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
WelshJag said:
Oh right!

Starting to think I should have ordered a BMW or Audi...this forum doesn't seem like a good advert for the F-Pace.

Hope I haven't made a mistake :(
I am sure if the car has or has not got Apple Car play it will be along soon and i am sure this would not have made you buy an Fpace in the first place.

Us Android owners are yet to have many updates that Apple users have already had but were not chucking in the towel.

As for an advert for the Fpace, your find BMW and Audi owners who moan about various issues with there cars but like us Fpace owners we love our car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gdank said:

Is having it a deal breaker? If yes to both then you have made a mistake. If no, then you'll be fine.

The iPhone apps work for me, the phone connects and calls without problems, and all my library works. I doubt having direct apple car play is going to hinder you too much.
I don't think anyone buys a car on one tech feature along.

To be fair, as a newbie to this Forum and as anyone new will find upon joining, there is a lot of negative comments on here towards the car, more than most forums I have been members on.

My judgement on buying the car is based upon my own experience and that of 3 other colleagues within my company who are also running F-Pace models.

My F-Pace, when it arrives, will be doing a minimum mileage of 30k a year, as well as doubling up as a family car...so the answer to your comment regarding is one tech feature the deal breaker... No.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
WelshJag said:
Gdank said:

I don't think anyone buys a car on one tech feature along.

To be fair, as a newbie to this Forum and as anyone new will find upon joining, there is a lot of negative comments on here towards the car, more than most forums I have been members on.

My judgement on buying the car is based upon my own experience and that of 3 other colleagues within my company who are also running F-Pace models.

My F-Pace, when it arrives, will be doing a minimum mileage of 30k a year, as well as doubling up as a family car...so the answer to your comment regarding is one tech feature the deal breaker... No.
Sorry to read you feel there is a lot of Negativity on here as compared to other forums on other vehicles but you must take into account that many people join forums due to having issues and trying to resolve them and many issues have been resolved on here for other uses.

There are also many positive posts as well on here and fingers crossed once Jaguar pull there finger out and resolve some of these issues that have been running nearly for 12 months the negative posts you mention will become less and the positive ones more.

Having been on other car forums with brand new vehicles i have found this forum to be similar.

Hope you enjoy your vehicle when it arrives.

As for your three collegues what are there views on the car and do they have issues?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair they love their cars. They have had a few issues but with the F-Pace being a new model and being the first year of production, niggles are to be expected. They find that they tick the box exactly as a company and family car, plus let's face it, probably one of if not the best looking SUV's on the market.

All my colleagues have commented that they find the car very comfortable on long motorway journeys and good mpg, plus plenty of room to carry all our kit.

We all had a Discovery Sport as a demonstrator and all agreed on the F-Pace not only drove better but just feels a nicer car, and again, looks better too.

First time I have been genuinely excited about a new company barge :)

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
WelshJag said:
To be fair they love their cars. They have had a few issues but with the F-Pace being a new model and being the first year of production, niggles are to be expected. They find that they tick the box exactly as a company and family car, plus let's face it, probably one of if not the best looking SUV's on the market.

All my colleagues have commented that they find the car very comfortable on long motorway journeys and good mpg, plus plenty of room to carry all our kit.

We all had a Discovery Sport as a demonstrator and all agreed on the F-Pace not only drove better but just feels a nicer car, and again, looks better too.

First time I have been genuinely excited about a new company barge :)
Have to agree I had a Discovery Sport while mine was having recall work done and it was a pile of rubbish, one of the worst SUV cars I have driven and I have driven many different makes and models, just so dead to drive and horrible.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks interesting, but I will keep holding out in the hope that jaguar pull their fingers out of their posteriors and get the official car play working

·
Registered
109 Posts

Saw this on another site.......don't know how good or otherwise it is ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
So it is...oops, apologies !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts