Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had there car spec with the front camera option.

What I am after is a picture of the fitting and the wiring plug connection, trying to see if I can fit one to my car as it helps parking where I live.

It was not an option on the 1st edition version unfortunately.

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one on here got the front facing camera, you have this if you have the 360 view?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AndyS said:
Jagfpacejk said:
No one on here got the front facing camera, you have this if you have the 360 view?
I'd be disappointed if Carl didn't have it :)
No one has come back as yet, was hoping not to have to look at a dealers cars.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RayE said:
Mine should have when it's built on 9th September, but when I'll get it and if they work only time........
Ok thanks, only after a couple of photos of the connection under the bonnet but just above the front cross member, I have a connector and wonder if this is what it's for.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Popped into local dealer and none of the cars they had there had the front camera system. so annoying.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe worth asking on XE/XF forums as I suspect the camera hardware is the same.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Growler said:
Maybe worth asking on XE/XF forums as I suspect the camera hardware is the same.
Was told by the dealer the connector is not the same, I had a XJ as a loan car when my car was in for its bug fixes and you can not see the connector ect as its buried behind grill ect where as on the Fpace you can see it clearly.

Maybe easier to see on the XE and XF perhaps?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi, just had a look on mine. There is an unused connector flat on the crossmember. I can only imagine this is for the adaptive cruise.
Can't see the connection to the camera, but feels like 2 skinny wires tucked up along the underside of the slam panel.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Strange but as per a couple of other threads ive commented on recently my car in for a couple of issues 1 being intermittent operation of the reversing camera. They rang me up with an update yesterdays asking about the problem, then went on to say did i have a problem with the 360 degree cameras. I replied i didnt know they were fitted, they commented that the build spec didnt have them on but Jaguar had fitted them, which i think is strange as i dont remember seeing a front camera in the position shown in the pic above....

If i have got them fitted id love to know how to activate them.

I personally dont think i have 360 cameras fitted i think they have looked at the power folding mirrors and seen the light lens in the bottom and suspected i have .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well i tried those steps when i 1st got the vehicle, and never got 360 vision, if they have inadvertently fitted the cameras im wondering if the software has to be installed and activated, or maybe some other module.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Well i tried those steps when i 1st got the vehicle, and never got 360 vision, if they have inadvertently fitted the cameras im wondering if the software has to be installed and activated, or maybe some other module.
Do you have the camera icon on the screen?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pos.k said:
Shaunyt said:
Do you have the camera icon on the screen?
Yes , but even with reverse only i believe that icon comes up

·
Registered
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Pretty conclusive that you don't have 360 camera methinks.
Well dealership said although it wasnt in my build spec did the other cameras work , how wrong could they be in saying that there are cameras when i thought i hadnt got them, maybe its a software configurable option.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pos.k said:
Hi, just had a look on mine. There is an unused connector flat on the crossmember. I can only imagine this is for the adaptive cruise.
Can't see the connection to the camera, but feels like 2 skinny wires tucked up along the underside of the slam panel.
Hope this helps.
Great thanks, I was hoping it plugged into this connector but obviously as yours does not it must plug in some where else, thanks for the images.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shaunyt said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Well dealership said although it wasnt in my build spec did the other cameras work , how wrong could they be in saying that there are cameras when i thought i hadnt got them, maybe its a software configurable option.
Confused dealer maybe?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Shaunyt said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Confused dealer maybe?
Maybe but they have finished all jobs on the vehicle yesterday but havent contacted me to go pick it up, from the APP i can see it sat in the work shop all day locked and armed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts