Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Anyone want a black first edition

14K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Panthera 
#1 ·
So brexit has impacted my work and the instability will mean loss in earnings, so a new car is a luxury not worth the gamble. My question is what is my best option. If I cancel order now (due 22nd July) do I get my deposit back ? Should I take it and try and flip it (would it sell over face value ?) or could I run it for 6 months and sell for about what I paid ? I guess I could ask jag to sell it on direct or ask if anyone on the waiting list wants to chuck me a couple of G premium to take my slot ?

#6 ·
Has anything actually changed for you yet, or just thinking it might?

I work in the City. My company sells trading floor technology to banks so I'm directly affected by this stuff. I spoke to around 6 or 7 of my customers on Friday and they all said the same thing. We have to keep confidence in the market. So I will be doing my bit and carrying on spending and buying British!

I am relatively confident that depreciation will be low so if something does happen that directly affects me I will sell it.

Don't overly worry about something that hasn't happened (otherwise you become part of the cause) but do have an exit plan.

#7 ·
I do bank valuations for mortgages, our best informed opinion is the values in LDN will Dip 5-10% in short
Term and our workflow will shrink around 15%. The jag is costing me £1100 a month so given the forecasts and uncertainty, is a sensible move to delay buying a new car until there is more clarity.

#8 ·
Ok sounds like you are financing a large chunk of the car. That might make me think twice too. Do you think there's a possibility that the resale value of the car might be worth less than you owe on it?

If not I'd keep going in the knowledge I could dispose of the car if things went tits up.

#9 ·
My decision is based on whether I 'want' the car, not whether I can 'afford' to make payments for it, as I am able to purchase without finance. If my position was more critical and I was financing, I might consider it more prudent to not continue with the purchase. Yes, you will always be able to dispose of the car, but I believe there is little credibility that you would be able to dispose of it at a profit, either now or in six months time. You will take a hit. So, you need to stand back and take an objective view, what would you advise your own clients to do when you value their mortgages?

#11 ·
My Audi is end of contract in September so need to swap it for something else I am almost at the place of press on and I will offload it (even at hit Cat Woman) if the UK economy goes truly lands on its a*se....

i can't say what I do as I am contractually barred from doing so, we are in the top10 graduate recruiters in the UK I expect a headcount freeze imminently.....

I fear we are in for a bumpy ride, this mornings Telegraph is full of all the economists and commentators who backed Brexit saying there is going to be pain for the economy and as we can all see (and have predicted) the civil service and politicians in Europe want to give the UK a lesson to discourage other would be leaver countries...

Yes our exit may participate the eventual demise of the EU as a political integration project but I think the key point is not before the ruling political elite in Europe have extracted a measure of revenge for making there life an awful lot harder....

It's a shame rational debate was not heard, as if we want to trade with the EU we will have immigration anyway but nobody bothered to tell the electorate the practical realities of what an exit would look like on the leave side, and remain adopted a unbelievable story of how bad it could be using worst case projects that frankly most didn't believe.

The ironic thing is that Farage will be cut out of the negotiations on exit and Boris and the Tory party leavers want a Swiss or a Norwegian style relationship (which will need cooler heads in Europe than they are currently to achieve) and guess what that won't change immigration one bit....

So all those disillusioned voters have voted for one thing and get something else whilst paying the price in falling house prices, jobs, and personal damaged financial situation..... Brilliant.... It was ever thus with politicians.....but I fear as a nation we will pay a hard price for something that has always been about a tory party civil war since the Mastricht treaty...

I am in the lucky position of being very well paid so can ride this out with it only having an impact on discretionary spend...... I fear the voters of nearer the national average wage are the ones who feel real pain......

Before I am castigated by the leavers I agree there was a lot wrong in Brussels and there was no way I wanted to be part of a federalised states of Europe which was undoubtably where a vast majority of French and Germans politicians wanted to drive it too but I still feel change from within was the better option.....

Just a personal view and I have no better insight than anyone else.....

So yes that means I am proceeding with my SC order.....

#13 ·
I'm surprised so many seem to contract hire rather than buy outright. Also £1100 per month, just how highly specced have you went, I can get a stock S model in either diesel or petrol for £600 per month on a 3yr deal with 6 upfront..... maybe if you need to rein in the number of extras.

#14 ·
luminated said:
I'm surprised so many seem to contract hire rather than buy outright. Also £1100 per month, just highly specced have you went, I can get a stock S model in either diesel or petrol for £600 per month on a 3yr deal with 6 upfront..... maybe if you need to rein in the number of extras.
That's a good deal I presume not Jaguar finance, I am putting in 10k, for my SC, not dissimilar spec to yours so about 10k of extra's looks like £850 per month on Jaguars calculator over 3 years with 10k miles per year.

Haven't bothered getting external finance quotes yet but I will nearer the deliver time

#17 ·
Or the After run of the extra colours.i get £500 a month from work towards a car (£250 after tax) but obviously get the 45p a mile. Got a 1 series pool car at the mo so not sure whether to keep a company car, can get anything but don't want to get fucked on tax. Thought instead I'd buy something 2nd hand for 30k, ride out a possible tough time and then get a range sport. More consused now

#18 ·
The Gman said:
luminated said:
I'm surprised so many seem to contract hire rather than buy outright. Also £1100 per month, just highly specced have you went, I can get a stock S model in either diesel or petrol for £600 per month on a 3yr deal with 6 upfront..... maybe if you need to rein in the number of extras.
That's a good deal I presume not Jaguar finance, I am putting in 10k, for my SC, not dissimilar spec to yours so about 10k of extra's looks like £850 per month on Jaguars calculator over 3 years with 10k miles per year.

AHaven't bothered getting external finance quotes yet but I will nearer the deliver time
Just been on the LR site and specced a RRS dynamic pretty similar spec to my FP SC, 72k versus 62k for the FP, same deposit annual mileage etc, £100 per month less for the RRS than the 10k cheaper FP, obviously JLR have a lot more faith in RRS residuals........

#19 ·
The Gman said:
The Gman said:
luminated said:

AHaven't bothered getting external finance quotes yet but I will nearer the deliver time
Just been on the LR site and specced a RRS dynamic pretty similar spec to my FP SC, 72k versus 62k for the FP, same deposit annual mileage etc, £100 per month less for the RRS than the 10k cheaper FP, obviously JLR have a lot more faith in RRS residuals........
I can testify for the residuals of the RRSport, I've had two of them one year after the other and never have I changed for so little and that includes the Cayenne.

If it hadn't been for the fact I fancied a change I'd have ordered another.

#20 ·
I might be interested but I am not known for paying much for things.
Would you like to call me?

#22 ·
Have sent mobile number to you

#24 ·
No response from LDNSURF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.